Chapter 1

In case you haven’t heard, my name is Savannah Ellcot. I carry around a pistol, along with several daggers. My enchanting green eyes have captivated even the most unwilling of victims. Oh, did I mention my waist-length brown hair? Didn’t think so, well, it’s perfect!

All of us have stories right? So mine really starts when my mom and dad get in a car accident, leaving me and my three brothers orphans. Luckily, this happened when I was eleven, four and a half years ago. So, my oldest brother was fifteen at the time and made sure that we moved in with our aunt. We all protected each other and would do anything for one another, especially after what happened three weeks later.

Yes, three weeks later my aunt was found mauled to death in the kitchen. I snuck into my brother’s room the next day and saw him going over video footage. What I saw, I will never be able to unsee. A giant wolf stood before my aunt in the kitchen, then attacked her. When it was done, the beast turned into a human boy.  I growled and ran into the room, to the computer, and paused the footage. I screamed at my brother, asking him what it was. And he said that it was a werewolf.

Pulling myself out of denial three days later, I decided to research the monsters. After a week of reading, note taking, and mentally preparing myself, I told my brothers what we had to do to claim revenge on this beast. We had to become hunters, a deadly race of human beings that barely had a soul and killed for closure. So I built up my muscle, and was sent back to the computer to locate a pack for my two oldest brothers to interrogate. Little did we know, in the center of the woods just outside of town was a pack house, run by an elderly Alpha. My brothers brought that pack to it’s knees, then let them free, only as rogues. Never able to settle as a whole pack.

Saying that this wasn’t going to be our finale, we then started traveling the country, staying at foster homes as a cover. He stayed in the system until my oldest brother turned eighteen and kept one of pack houses to live in. We all moved in and he became our gaudian. It was this year that I started hunting with my twin brother.

My brothers, by the way, are Colton, the oldest with deep brown eyes and light brown hair, like mine. Then there’s the lonely blonde, Jacoby and my twin Sebastian. Colton is four years older than me, Jacoby is two and I’m three minutes older than Sebastian.

We come from a small town in the middle of near to nowhere in Maine. The closest Wal-Mart was almost two hours away, and Canada was at least three hours away. In front of our house lay the Moose River, which occasionally floods to the edge of the dirt road. That river was the one my parents drove into at night coming home from a 4th of July party. My brothers were in the living room when it happened, and they knew that as soon as they were in the water, they had no chance. I was upstairs watching Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken on the DVR. When I heard the splash, I ran downstairs and my twin, Sebastian, told me to go right back up stairs and ignore the commotion. So I did, then the next day, they finally tld me that it was our parents in the river.

Skip forward another year and that’s where we are now. Currently on a hunt, my brothers and I are casually following a small group of wolves through the forest. The second-oldest brother thinks that they are the Alpha, Beta, and Omega of a nearby pack. They have me at the back, watching for any others. I’m wearing all boys clothes, with boys’ deodorant and a hat covering my hair. It was all normal precaution.

I glance forward to see the wolves sniffing the air, then look at each other and start to talk through the oh-so-famous mind-link. Rolling my eyes, I stayed hidden behind a huge tree and heard my brothers continuing on. I gulped quietly and held my gun tighter, my trigger finger ready to flinch at any given moment. Under my hat my head was getting hot, so thinking mindlessly, I took it off and let my curly brown hair free. The cold air felt amazing on my scalp, but I was quickly brought back to reality when I heard my brothers lunge at the wolves.

See as this was my queue, I ran out from my hiding place and moved for the wolves. Before I got very far, the one that was suspected to be the Omega hurdled itself into my. I heard one of the wolves growl and shook it off my shoulder, knowing that my brothers were probably the cause. Standing up quickly, I aimed my gun directly at the white and brown wolf.

“Move,” I demanded, “or get a bullet in your head.”

Before I was able to comprehend what exactly was happening, there a white wolf, the assumed Alpha, standing over me. He had his paws over my hands and his wolf-eyes were scanning over my body, a look of lust in them. The next thing I knew, instead of an elegant white wolf holding my hands down, it was a naked boy. I gasped and flinched, trying to pull away. I heard my Colton let out a battle cry and saw him torpedo into the boy’s side. There was a second when I was scared for him, but I quickly shoved it away and moved towards my older brother.

“Colt, I got this one,” I shoved my brother out of the way.

“Oh hell no! He tried to rape you!” my brother shrieked.

“No, I wasn’t,” the still naked boy groaned in mild pain. “She’s mine, you can’t take her from me.”

“To hell with you, my sister doesn’t belong to anyone!” Colton roared.

“Go away! I can handle this,” I shoved my brother again.

Reluctantly, Colton walked away mumbling something I couldn’t hear. I looked at the boy, my eyes raking over his body and I quickly regretted it. His muscles were well toned and his six-pack was extremely prominent. I tried to keep my eyes on his while I sat down on the grass in front of him.

“So, what is your position in your pack?”

“Will you tell your brothers?” I nodded after a moment of thinking, but yet, he came clean. “I’m the Alpha. Alpha Aydin Clarke.”

I felt a smile slip onto my face for a second and wiped it away. “I’m Savannah. You don’t get my last name, not yet,” I stood up and listened to his quietly roll my name off his tongue. Holding back a moan I walked over to my brothers who had the other wolves tied up.

“Did you give up with the pedophile, Sav?” Colton laughed and moved to do things his way, not mine.

“Nope. He’s the Alpha,” I gestured to the wolves behind them. “I’m just gonna go and guess that they are indeed the Beta and Omega.”

With that I left them to go and tie up dear Alpha. I reached into my bag and pulled out a pair of basketball shorts and threw them at him. “Put them on, then come to me immediately.”

He smiled and made his way to the other side of the tree. When he came back seconds later, he waltzed over to me and put his hands in front of his body. I shook my head at his eagerness to comply and tied to rope around his wrists.

“Now can you lead me and my brothers to your pack house?” I questioned sweetly.

“Sure, sugar. You’ll be set with a great welcome,” he laughed, almost making me trip and fall.

Aydin led us through at least another three miles of forest before we came to a clearing with a giant house, no mansion, in the middle. No one was in the yard like other packs, but all the lights in the house were on and there were loud hollers emitting from the house. Without missing a step my brothers and I moved the more than willing pack leaders to the house.

When we reached the door, Colton blew it down with a single kick. Some screams came, but mostly silence. Aydin hurried himself into his home and looked around at his pack.

“Hey, everyone!” he cheered happily.

“Hi?” his pack replied.

“So this is a small group of hunters that found us on our way home. The big guy holding Clayton if Colton, oddly enough. Then the two behind Brandon are Jacoby and Sebastian.”

A mumble rode through the crowd with people saying, “Who's that behind you?” “What are they doing in the pack house?” and several others.

Aydin cleared his throat and all of the murmurs stopped. “In bigger news, I found my mate!”

There you have it! The first chapter is done, please vote, comment, and share with your friends!