"I'm done! I'm fucking done! I'm done getting hurt, I'm done being your punching bag, I'm done being ignored, I'm done being taken for granted! I'm fucking done, Stark.
For weeks, you have done nothing, but ignore me, and I know! I was wrong to choose him, and I tried to fix it, but you won't let me! All you've done for the past few days is hurt me. I'm only human. I make mistakes alright? But I'm done. I'm done trying to get you, and getting hurt in the process. I'm not made out of steel." I ranted and watched as he lowered his head in shame, not doing anything to stop me.

And I knew. I knew how little I meant to him in that moment.

"I'm gonna go. I'm going, and I'm not coming back. That's a promise." I finally uttered, forcing his head to shoot up in response. His face was a mix of shock, pain and regret, but I was having none of it right now.

"Goodbye, Tony."

And I let him go.

****

•Tony•

Rushing out of my lab, I followed her up the stairs quickly, but to my disappointment I got Romanoff instead.

"Where is, Valentina?" I asked her impatiently, and she frowned.

"She just stomped outside a second ago, and she didn't look happy. Is everything okay?" She asked, but I stopped listening. She really left?

She actually did it. I guess I'm the one to blame for that, but I never thought she'd actually leave.

Without thinking twice, I swallowed my pride, and tapped her name.

Calling....

Valentina Montenegro

I kept staring at the screen, and so did Nat, and my heart sank when she didn't respond.

"Tony is everything....."

"I gotta go, Nat." I nodded at her and rushed to the garage.

****

I was still driving, even though it was already 2 a.m. She wasn't at her apartment. She wasn't at her mom's. She wasn't at the diner. And I actually had no clue as to where she was.

"Failed to locate Miss Montenegro." My AI reminded me, and I gripped the steering wheel tight. Could this be it? Did I actually lose her this time?

****

               •Valentina•

"How did you find me?" I whispered as I stared at the waves.

"I never lost you, Valentina. I have been keeping tabs on you the whole time." Anna chuckled and I found myself smiling at her.

"Want to tell me why you're sitting here alone?"

"I'm miserable." I answered her question truthfully, as I stole a glance at the waves clashing together in sync.

"Well for starters, let me tell you that I'm so proud that you left that ignorant little weasel." She pointed out and I found myself laughing hard.

"Seth?" I laughed again. "Yeah...we weren't working." I shrugged.

"What about, Stark? Is there something there?" She asked and I shook my head slowly.

"We've stopped being friends, 5 hours ago, and maybe even before that, but I was too blinded to see it." I rolled my eyes and she raised an eyebrow waiting for an explanation, and so I did.

I explained how hurt and broken I was through out it all. I explained how I made stupid and irrational decisions. I explained everything.

"And, do you feel like that's the right decision now?" She asked and I turned to look at the waves.