1

_______________________

epigraph

"the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness."

- carl jung

_______________________

Alexa walked into her room, shoving her door closed with an aggravated sigh. She winced when she heard the slight slam, grateful she was home alone.

She had been having a rough day at school. Her girlfriend broke up with her, she got an F on her history exam, and she was hangry. She was too busy fighting with her then-girlfriend to eat her lunch.

She looked at the clock on the wall, noticing the time.

It was 4 PM on a Tuesday, which meant that she could watch the new David Dobrik Vlog from last night.

She sat on her twin sized bed, taking her laptop off of her nightstand. She quickly logged in, opening up google chrome.

Once she was on the Youtube home page, she went through her subscriptions until she found David's channel, clicking on it.

Once she got to the outro, she took a deep breath. She had been trying to get a shout out for months- and every time she got let down.

"Okay guys that's it for today's vlog, thanks for watching Alexa, make sure to like-" David's voice was interrupted by Alexa clicking on the pause button.

"Oh my fucking god." She mumbled, finally understanding why she was getting so many notifications on Twitter.

She added a new tab, typing in the all-too-familiar Twitter url. She clicked on her profile and saw she had about 100 new followers, and 25 new messages.

After Alexa finally went through all her messages, she saw one that must have slipped past without her noticing.

It was David Dobrik himself.