Chapter 2: part 2/3

*Riiiiinnnnggg*
(That was the bell for lunch break)
I look over at Carlo......he's surrounded by girls.
It's been barely 5 hrs since he entered this class and he's already this popular?!
R.G 1:Carlo, what kind of school did you go to before u came here?
R.G 2: how long have you known Angeline??
R.G 3: what's your favorite subject???

Carlo: hahaha!! You girls are hilarious!
I'll answer all of your questions....just ask me one at a time!
Girls: Kyaaaaa!! Soooo mature!!!

Ok that's it.
I walk over to Carlo.
Me: Carlo, we need to talk. Sorry girls, I'll be borrowing him for a second.

I say this and grab Carlo by the collar, then I drag him out of class....

I can hear girls whispering behind me...
"No fair, she gets to have him all to herself!","Tch. What's with that!"

Well....I have successfully managed to make enemies out of most of the girls in our class.....

I drag Carlo to the roof, and once we're there, I can finally breath....
I decide to voice my confusion....
Me: ok so....Carlo?
Carlo: yes, my Angel? ( one of the nicknames he used to call me when we were little.)
Me:.......what are you doing in JAPAN???!!! What have you been doing all this time???? Why haven't you contacted me!!!! It's been so long!!! I was really worried you know!!!!!!!

Carlo looks at me with a blank face, and then all of a sudden he starts laughing!

Carlo: hahaha!!! You're just like those girls in your class!! Ok ok, I'll answer one at a time...."

Grrrrrr....

Me: ok so what are you doing here?
Carlo: I came to attend highschool.
Me: stop kidding around!!
Carlo: ok ok, actually......I told my parents that after middle school, I wanted to move to Japan to pursue my dream of becoming a guitarist!
Me: why Japan?
Carlo: be cuz I wanted to see you!

Say what?!

Ignoring the look on my face, Carlo continued....
Carlo: I told my parents that since you're here, I'd have some company. Then when I called your mom she told me that you had moved out and started living on your own.
So mom knew.....you're kidding right?!
Carlo:and so they decided that is live with u since it's dangerous for a girl to live alone.
Me: SAY WHAT?!?!
Carlo: what's wrong?
Me: they never told me about any of this!!!
Carlo: well yeah... I asked them not to! I wanted to surprise u!!
Me: when was this even decided?!
Carlo: 3 years ago
Then it hit me....
Me: .....so that's why u stopped emailing me?
Carlo: yeah, I regretted it, but I thought that if I'd kept talking to you, I'd slip up and then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore...
That's why he......
I stared at the ground with a blank expression
Carlo:........umm.....Angeline?
Me:GEEZ!!! Are you an idiot?!?! I thought you forgot all about me!!! I was really worried you know!!!!
I recall how many times o felt sad and depressed thinking that the person I cared for the most forgot all about me, and unconsciously tears came to my eyes.....
"Woah!! What happened!?", Carlo says, his voice filled with worry....

It's been so long since I heard this voice....
In an instant, all my sadness and anger was replaced by relief and happiness.

"*sob* it's your fault *sob* Baka!"
"Wow, You really missed me that much?", says Carlo, a smirk on his face.
"*sob*.....*sniffle*...."
Carlos smirk softens, and suddenly, I feel something warm drape around my back.
Carlo pulls me into a hug.
Carlo: I missed you too,....there there, I'm here now.

It feels just like when we were younger, Carlo would always comfort me like this whenever I was sad....

Carlo: I'm so sorry for hurting you like this......it was never my intention.

Carlos voice grows apologetic.
Me:......
Carlo: I never wanted to worry you! I can't stand the fact that you're crying be cuz of me! So please, say something....

Carlo wipes the tears off my face

Carlo: ok, I promise I'll cook for you every single day from now on, You love my cooking don't you? So please stop crying already.

I start to calm down, but just then I recall something from our earlier conversation.

"So wait, you're gonna be living with me from now on?!", I say, shock audible in my voice.
"Yup!!", Carlo says with a big grin.

I'm dumbstruck.
"Your parents said that it's not safe for a girl to live alone, so since we're really close and all, I should live with you...that way I can protect you!",Carlo finishes.

"What were they thinking?! 2 high schoolers, a girl and a boy at that, living together?! Who knows what would happen?!"

"Cmon, don't u trust me?" Carlo says with a wink.

I can't say I do....

Me:......
Carlo: besides, we're already engaged, so how does it even matter?"
Me:.......wait WHAT?! WHEN?!
Carlo: when we were kids! Don't u remember? Just before you moved out, u were crying cuz you didn't want to leave me,so our parents.....

Carlos voice drown out....
Wait....I think I remember something....
---------------------------
That's all for this part of the chapter! See what it is that Angeline recalls in the next and final part of this chapter.
~A.A