14 | Mr. Protective

Start from the beginning

Guren didn't want to lose Satori, so he went full out Mr. Protective.

He was wrong to go full out Mr. Protective.

———

"Satori, sleep."

Okay, but it had been the fourth time in an hour Joshua said that to Satori. He was starting to get annoyed at his demands to sleep.

"Joshua, for the last time, I can't sleep." Satori sighed, yawning in the process.

Joshua rolled his eyes. Satori's answer changed from "I'm not tired" to "I can't sleep" and Joshua was getting really tired of Satori's stubbornness.

Satori wrote furiously on paper and looked back at the computer in front of him, taking notes. Joshua had seen this process for about two hours or so.

From what Satori had told him, he's been awake for three whole days, researching a drug dealer that Shinigami said was involved with the Yasaki family. Satori had assumed it was Satella.

The description of the drug dealer was one of Joshua's mother, Shiemi Ayaki. Shinigami had forced the task upon Satori, and he had been up for three days with no sleep and some coffee.

Joshua looked as Satori drank some coffee before writing down more notes about the drug deal that was happening a few days from now.

"Satori, please," Joshua started. "It's better if you sleep now so you can have more energy to do research later. We can't have you be all tired if we're sent out on a mission."

Satori finally looked up from what he was doing and looked at Joshua. "You look like shit." Joshua commented, pointing at Satori's hair and face.

"You don't look any better." Satori remarked. Ouch, Joshua actually felt pain from that comment. Not the best insult in the world, but Satori didn't normally spit out insults.

"Please, just sleep! Damnit Satori, if you don't sleep now we're never going to get anywhere!" Joshua started flailing his arms everywhere just to get Satori's attention.

He didn't respond and just looked at Joshua like he was an idiot.

"Satori."

Silence.

"Satou?"

Silence.

"Guren is here."

Apparently, that made Satori look at Joshua with a confused expression. "Where?"

Joshua sighed. "Go to sleep."

"But, Joshu—"

"Please, go to sleep."

Satori sighed. Joshua won the battle of annoyingness since Satori did not want to hear "Go to sleep" a thousand more times.

"Fine. You win, Joshu—"

Satori collapsed on the floor as soon as he stood up. Joshua groaned.

"See? You can't even stand on your own! How are we supposed to do missions now?" Joshua shouted, which caused Satori to react by putting his hand up.

Joshua heard a small whispered help from Satori and grabbed his hand. Satori muttered a thank you as Joshua helped him stand up.

"Josh'a, I can do missions. I c'n stan'."

"And now you're slurring your words! Satori, please just sleep!"