Part 17: Hallucinogenic Water

Start from the beginning

Nate, Harry, and I start getting shot at, and we zigzag out of the line of fire. "We need to make a detour," Harry says, and we climb onto the rooftop of a building.

I shoot the men on top and we run across the roof, dropping down onto some shipping crates below. Nate, Harry, and I sprint across the shipping crates and we drop down onto the ground. I sprint ahead of them onto the runway of the airfield, and the plane starts to gain speed ahead of us.

"We won't be able to catch a moving jet!" I shout back to Harry and Nate, when a jeep pulls up beside me. I chuckle and shake my head, jumping into the back of the car, "I thought I told you to get outta here."

"I heard otherwise," Elena smiles and she slows down so Nate and Harry can jump in.

The two guys reach the Jeep and they jump in. "Get us up to the landing gear," Nate tells Elena, and she drives under the plane.

Once we're under the landing gear, Nate, Harry, and I jump onto it and the plane lifts off the ground. I wave to Elena before gripping onto the metal as the wheel is pulled into the plane. "We got on the plane," Harry mutters while opening a door. We climb into a tight area and sit against the wall illuminated with a red light.

"Well, we have some time to kill, so wake me up when its time to start moving," I yawn, and lay across my two friends laps, making them smile softly.

"Sweet dreams, love/[Name]," they both whisper as I drift off to sleep.

~

"It's time to get moving," Nate gently shakes me awake, and I open my eyes.

I sit up and stretch, before standing up and climbing into the vent in the wall. The guys follow behind me and I can feel their burning stare on my ass, making my eye twitch slightly. I shake my head and continue to climb through the floor vent, when the top is opened and I'm yanked out.

A bulky mercenary pins me to the wall and goes to punch me in the face, but I move my head out of the way. His fist collides with the wall and I knee him in the crotch, making him release me.

My eyes widen as he pulls the switch on the wall, and the cargo door lowers. Nate and Harry climb out of the vents and they pull the string on a parachute on a large crate. I jump out of the way as the parachute opens up and the crate is pulled out of the plane, taking the mercenary with it. All the other cargo starts tumbling out of the plane, and we get hit, falling out as well.

"This is not good!" I shout while grabbing the the yellow net that holds a truck dangling out of the plane.

I climb up it, and join Nate and Harry who fell out of the plane onto the truck. We shoot at the mercenaries that show up in the back of the cargo plane, before we make our way back onto the plane. We continue to shoot the mercenaries, when the aircraft catches on fire and a hole is blown into the side.

Nate, Harry, and I hold onto the floor, when the top of the plane blows off and we're sucked out. I yelp as we fall through the air, when we spot a crate with an unopened parachute attached to it. "We need to get over to it!" I shout, and we direct our fall towards the crate.

Once we're close enough, we grab the yellow net on it and Harry pulls the string on the parachute. The parachute opens up and the speed of the crate slows down, and we pant while looking down at the sand we're going to land in. "I'm glad that we're alive and all, but we are about to be lost in the world's largest continuous sand desert," I say, and my friends faces pale.

"Oh fuck," Nate whispers, and the crate lands in the sand.

"Let's head to the wreckage and see what we can find," Harry says, and I roll up the sleeves on my shirt.