Part 17: Hallucinogenic Water

Start from the beginning

"That's really, really bad..." Nate trails off, and I grab a grenade off my belt and pull the pin.

I roll it towards the car all the mercenaries have ran to, and it blows up, making the car explode with it. "Well that's one way to take them out quickly," Harry chuckles, and we walk pass the exploded car and towards the large carts against a wall.

"Up here," I say while climbing on top of the carts and pulling myself through an open window.

I spot a mercenary walking out of the building, and my three friends join me. "Dammit. How many of them are there?" Elena asks nervously.

"Too many. We need to do this quietly, there's enough of us that we should be able to take them all down without guns, that's if we're quiet enough," I whisper, and the four of us split up and go from mercenary to mercenary, snapping their necks, or in my case- slitting their throat.

"[Name], you do realize how many of them you just took out, right?" Nate whisper-yells, and I shrug.

"Like five," I say, and Elena face-palms.

"Try ten or twelve," she sighs, and I remain impassive to the number.

"I'm good at stealth, so what?"

"We figured," Harry chuckles quietly.

"We should get going," Nate says with a grin.

"Agreed," the rest of us respond, and we jog over to another building and climb onto the roof. We jog across the roof and jump off, grabbing the ladder and climbing down it to the ground below.

"That is one huge plane," I murmur while looking at the aircraft on the other side of a fence.

"And it looks like they're finishing up and getting ready to go. We need to get going," Elena states while I grip the fence.

"All right, looks like it's a straight shot from here," Nate says, and I nudge his side and nod my head towards a jeep when Elena's not looking.

Nate figures out what I mean and nods, Harry catching on a second later. "We're going to climb to the top, then help you over," I lie to Elena, and she nods. 'I'm sorry Elena, but it's too dangerous for you to come with us' I mentally frown, feeling bad that I'm lying to my friend.

"All right, I'll keep you covered," she says, and the three of us climb over the fence, and land on the other side, turning and frowning at her. "Hey, what're you-"

"I'm sorry, Elena. It's too dangerous and if you got hurt or killed I would never forgive myself. The chance of the three of us making it out as it is, is slim to none... I'm not letting you have that chance. Take the jeep and get the hell out of here," I tell her, and she looks over her shoulder at the jeep, before looking back at me.

"If you die, I'll bring you back and kill you myself," she says with tears pricking her eyes. We hug each other through the fence and I pat her back.

"My sister for life, even if it's not by blood." I smile and she nods.

"Now go, you don't have much time," Elena tells us, and we break the hug. She looks at Harry and Nate and narrows her eyes, "You two take care of yourselves, but watch over [Name], too. She always watches over you guys."

"We will, Elena," Harry reassures her and she nods, before jogging over to the jeep.

"We should go, too," I tell the two guys, and the jets to the plane fire up, startling us, "quickly!"

We start to make our way towards the cargo door that's still open on the plane, when one of the mercenaries shouts, "Don't let them on the plane!"