4 Behemoth

Alexei had led the team to the helicopter that was assigned to deploy them to the mission site. He pointed it out a few feet away, then made his leave, trusting them to be able to reach it on their own.  

"Hey, Roxas are you alright? You haven't said anything," Aqua asked just before they reached their destination.

"Yeah. I'm fine," he mumbled, glad that conversation was cut off by their pilot's greeting.

"Well hello Soldiers!" Reno jumped out to greet them, "Wow what a team, huh?" he commented on the mismatched team. Leon and Angeal stepped out as well.

"Angeal?" Zack asked surprised, but happy.  

"And Leon," Leon added, taking in the appearance of the three. Up until now they never really seemed very super to him, but now that they were dressed to fight and were about to go out to do just that, he saw them in a different light. They looked like fighters, not just kids.

"Wow. I'm glad you three were assigned to this mission. It's comforting to see familiar faces---" Aqua was saying before being interrupted by Reno,

"Yeah, yeah. We can talk on the ride. Everyone get in, so we can get this show on the road." He had already reseated himself in the pilot seat and was starting up the copter. Everyone complied with Reno's demand and entered as well. In little to no time they were air born. After achieving a steady acceleration rate, Reno spoke up again, "Leon, Angeal explain to our guests why you are here."  He said not looking at them.

"We already know. We were briefed about it," Aqua spoke up before Leon could begin.

"Yeah, you three know," Reno referred to Aqua, Zack, and Roxas, "but they don't." He said tapping the screen that was next to the steering, referring to the others, which he knew was watching. Aqua nodded in understanding, and Leon began.

"Alright I'll keep this as simple as I can. I know some of you can be pretty slow."

"Sora." Reno fake coughed with a joking smile.

"Zack, Aqua, and Roxas are going to take out the Level 2." Leon continued, "Reno, being a scouter is best at navigation in enemy territory, which is why he is here."

"I also happen to be an excellent pilot," Reno added.

"Right, well to make sure the helicopter doesn't get damaged in the battle, Reno will park about two miles away," Angeal continued the explanation.

"And while these three," Angeal motioned to the team, "do the mission, Leon and I will be guarding the copter from the heartless that will be around."

"Yeah, cause Reno can't do it himself. He's not the best fighter," Leon smirked getting a scoff out of the red head.  

"I am a great fighter. But out there behind enemy lines, you never know how many of those freaks you're gonna have to face."  He finished, but began after a few seconds, "Besides all of this is necessary because our SUPER soldiers need an air lift to get work done. I mean seriously, why call them super at all if none of them can fly."  

"I can fly." a voice was heard from over the intercom, causing Reno to sigh.

"Right. Sorry Ven. Well, most of them can't fly." And just like that the conversation died. The team now flew silently over 'enemy territory' in silence. For them it was the first time they experienced this first hand, and it was nothing like they imagined. They had imagined it would be a wasteland full of debris and dust, with nothing recognizable standing, but what they were now seeing had shattered their previous conception. Aqua turned away from watching the world move under them and turned her attention to the ceiling of the helicopter, only to close her eyes. Zack and Roxas, on the other hand, did not turn away; they couldn't. Roxas slowly let his nervous and clenched fists unwind as he gazed out the window in a daze.