"So, what are you saying?" His voice cracked and I sighed, finally ready to accept reality. We're not right for each other and we continue to hurt each other. It's not supposed to be like that and we both know it.

"I'm saying we should end this. End us."

"No. Please, you can't leave me." He begged while grabbing my hand.

"I don't love you anymore Seth, and it's about time you realise that you don't love me too." I whispered and I watched his face fall even more with my words.

I wiped away his tear and gave him one final kiss

I wiped away his tear and gave him one final kiss. He wrapped his arms around my waist, roughly pulling me towards him. Our lips moved in sync, before we let go. Let go of all our pain. Of our fake confessions. Of our bond. Of us.

"Goodbye, Seth." I whispered and watched as tears trickled down his cheeks.

Wiping away my traitor tears, I started my car and drove off, spotting Seth through the rear-view mirror, standing frozen in his spot.

****

Once I made it back home, I threw my bag on my couch and collapsed on the couch. I thought about going to Tony, but I figured that Pepper would probably be there comforting him, so I would be so out of place and unwanted.

Moving to the kitchen, I picked up an apple and started munching, but I was so rudely interrupted as my ringtone blasted through my penthouse.

Incoming call...

Col. James Rhodes

"Rhodey?" I was confused.. I haven't spoken to him in months.

"He needs you." He simply stated, and I dropped everything. I had nothing else on my mind.

"Be there in 10."

****

"Where is he?" I whispered to Nat who was sadly cuddled up with Bruce on the couch.

"Bedroom. He's been there since yesterday, and he won't open the door." Banner replied, his voice cracked slightly.

Tony doesn't notice it. But he's surrounded by people who genuinely care about him, and whether he likes it or not, they won't stop caring.

Sprinting up the stairs, since the elevator was too slow for me right now, I finally reached Tony's floor, and faced his bedroom.

Knocking once, I put my ear against the door and heard nothing. I knocked again and this time I spoke up.

"Tony, it's me." I whispered putting my hand on the door. I heard a grunt from inside followed by a sob, and my heart hurt.

"Tony, please." I begged as I slid down to the ground, hearing his quiet sobs through the solid door.

"Baby, please." I begged him, yet there was no respond.

Having trouble breathing myself, I took a sharp intake of breath and I felt the hot wet tears swim down my cheeks, showing me how broken I really was.