Crystal turned to Leaf, who was already on the verge of crying. "My darling little Leafy. Remember the bracelet I got you?" Leaf held up her wrist, on which the bracelet was placed.

"Always wear it," her mom continued. "And when you see it, remember that I am always with you. Especially in here," she pointed to Leaf's chest where her heart would be. "Okay?"

Leaf nodded. "Come here," Crystal said, and she wrapped Leaf in a hug. Red came back to them and she pinched him on the cheek. "I'll miss you both so much."

She got up and started to walk to her car, where Silver was already waiting for her. But suddenly, she turned back. "Kids!" she shouted. "Don't forget to brush your teeth!" Red facepalmed while Leaf just laughed. "We won't Mom," Leaf shouted back.

Crystal turned back and walked towards the waiting Silver. They got in the car and fastened their seatbelts. Then, they gave one last wave to their children before the car sped away.

A month and a half later, Red and Leaf waited by the front door anxiously. They had prepared a surprise party for their parents' return. They had cake, balloons, banners, streamers, everything needed for a party was set up inside. They waited for three hours...but they still hadn't returned. Leaf felt tears pooling in her eyes as Red pulled her back inside the house. "Don't worry Leafy," he said. "I'm sure they'll be back by tomorrow."

But they weren't.

They didn't come back...at all.

(Flashback End)

Leaf glanced at her bracelet. "Mom," she whispered. "Dad, I know you're out there. Please stay safe and come back home to me and Red. Please." Then Leaf closed her eyes, sank to the floor, and silently cried.

Red came into the living room to find Leaf crying on the floor. He went over to her and saw the picture she was holding. He took the picture from her and put it back on the mantle before pulling her into a hug.

"Don't worry Leafy," he said. "They'll come back. They always do."

Leaf looked up at him. "But they haven't yet, so what makes you think that they ever will? Don't you remember what day it is today?"

Red sighed. "June 10, the four-year anniversary of their disappearance. I know." He stopped for a moment, thinking about what might help cheer up Leaf. He finally got an idea and smiled.

"Hey Leaf," he said. "Do you remember the last thing Mom said to us before she left?" He nudged Leaf and finally she grumbled: "Yes." 

Red smiled even wider. "Come on then," he said. "Say it with me." He nudged her again and Leaf glared at him. He nudged her once more and she finally conceded. "Don't forget..." she started.

"...To always brush your teeth!!!" they finished together. Red laughed and even Leaf couldn't help but smile. "Thanks Red," she smiled wider, wiping away her tears. He smiled too. "No problem, Sis."

Leaf stood up and stretched. "'Kay, let's get going to PAA. I wanna see my room. Plus, I still have to meet my roommates!"

Red got up as well. "Did you know, your roommates will be the same for all the rest of your years there?" Leaf looked at Red, surprised. "How do you know this?" she asked. "Because if my brother has developed cosmic powers, I should be the first to know." She folded her arms, waiting for him to answer.

Red smiled mysteriously. "And what if I have?" he asked. Leaf stared at him, her eyes wide and excited. "Oh my Arceus! Do you?!" Red laughed. "Nope! I just saw it on a website and confirmed it with Gold."