Chapter 6

The peaceful sleep that consumed both Dick and Damian was rudely interrupted by rough knocking. Damian was the first to wake up. It took him a couple seconds to realize what the noise was. Once he did he tried to shake Dick awake so he could answer it. It took awhile but Dick finally stood up to answer the door. Damian watched, wondering who would be here so early in the morning. Dick yawned and opened the door. Behind it was none other than Bruce Wayne.

Dick's jaw dropped to the floor as he stared wide-eyed at the billionaire. Damian had the same expression, but not for the same reason. Dick's face was more of an excited shocked–Damian's...horrified. Dick blinked a couple times, shaking himself out of his small trance. "U-um, Mr. Wayne, what're you doing here?" Dick asked. "I'm here to talk to my son, I know he's here."

'Son?!' Dick thought, 'is Damian Bruce Wayne's, THE Bruce Wayne's son?!' Dick was freaking the hell out. He wanted to ask so many question but couldn't muster up the words to do so. He was snapped out of his thoughts by Damian shoving past him to try and shut the door. "Damian," Bruce started. Damian looked angry, upset, and scared all at the same time. He didn't know what to do other than hide from him. "I'm so sorry what I said to you, it wasn't right and I shouldn't have done it. Please come home, I've been so worried about you. I had no idea where and what happened until Alfred said he saw you in Blüdhaven." Bruce said, kneeling down to Damian's height.

Damian wasn't even looking at him, he found the floor to be more interesting. "Why don't you come in Mr. Wayne. We can..talk over some coffee." Dick reasoned. Bruce nodded and walked inside.

Damian sat with his arms crossed in the chair farthest from where Bruce was seated on the couch while Dick made coffee in the kitchen. Not too long later Dick came into the room, handing Bruce a coffee cup– receiving a polite thank you from said person. Dick sat at the other end of the couch and spoke gently, "so Damian, is there anything you'd like to say to your father." "I don't even want to look at him." Damian replied coldly. "Damian," Bruce said with a soft tone.

"No!" Damian yelled, glaring straight at Bruce, "Stop saying my name like you care! You just want me home so it's better for the media." Dick sighed, "Damian calm down–" Dick started but was interrupted. "You're not the one with the Worlds Worst Person as your father!" Damian growled. Bruce flinched slightly at the boy's words.

"I'm sorry. I know I hurt you. I'm your father, I shouldn't had acted the way I did. But, Damian, give me a chance, let me prove to you I can be better. I just want you home, I've missed you so much. I've been worried sick about you. I was so scared of you being out in the streets alone, I didn't know if you were dead or alive. You have no idea how much I regretted everything I did to you the minute I said it. I wanted to apologize but I didn't get the chance. I was scared that my last words to you would have been of hate." Bruce said, hoping his son wouldn't respond with more yelling.

Instead, his speech was returned with crying. Damian was too overwhelmed of the situation, of his fathers words, so he cried. Dick stood up to leave for his room, "I'll leave you two to work this out."

Bruce stood up and walked to Damian and hugged him. Damian continued crying into his shoulder. "I'm sorry I ran away," Damian said in between sobs, "I didn't know what else to do." Bruce rubbed soothing circles on his back. Damian soon stopped crying, only occasional sniffles. Bruce pulled Damian out of the hug, holding both his shoulders and looking him in the eye. "Will you forgive me Damian?" Bruce asked. Damian simply nodded, his eyes puffy and red. Bruce hugged him again and kissed the top of his head.

After a couple minutes, Dick was called back out again by Damian. "Grayson, I've decided to go back home with Father." Damian said. Dick smiled, "I'm glad you made up." Dick knelt down to Damian's height and put a hand on his shoulder. "You can always come visit me whenever you want, ok?" Damian nodded and hugged Dick. "We better get going, Alfred's been waiting long enough, any longer and we'll be walking home." Bruce said jokingly.

As Damian walked out the door, Bruce turned to Dick. "Thanks again for watching over him. I know he's a bit of a handful." Dick chuckled, "No problem, I'm glad you found him, I wasn't getting anywhere." The two laughed and Bruce shortly left, closing the door behind him.

______________________

I am sooooo sorry it took me so long to write this chapter. At least I have one less thing to worry about now that this book is done 😂 I hope you enjoyed it! And I might be using this AU in my oneshots book sometime.