•2

Kay-dawn (Caedon)

Shuh-rawn (Cheron)

I-G-uh (Eigia)

-

Cheron

"You're such a soldier, guy" I kissed Caedon all over his face, and gave him a hug. "Could you smile for me? I really need one"

He gave me a gummy smile, and I stared at the bruises all over his face.

The doctor looked at me while he poked at me feet, and there was this unspoken thing that was going on.

Eigia stepped into the room, and turned away from me as quickly as possible, but I knew she was wiping her eyes.

"Look, I doubt that anyone will ever be able to pull through as much as your boys can. It's just highly unlikely, EG"

The doctor had made his way up my leg...still nothing.

She nodded her head, and pulled at my arm before interlocking her hot sweaty hand with my cold one.

I sighed, and took a deep breath. "Get Cae please. He's hurting my ribs"

Caedon sat down on EG's lap and stared at me in the bed with a fistful of his fingers.

"The officer was fired immediately, but other officers wanted to interview you still. The doctor stated that you were paralyzed, and that you were in the earliest stage of recovery there was. They left"

"Don't say the word" I requested.

It was hard for me to see, and I knew my face was beat up just like Caedon's but I couldn't feel a damn thing.

I couldn't even complain though because I don't know what I would do without my son.

That was the ultimate heartbreak.

A pretty looking hispanic nurse in cherry red scrubs and black crocs rolled an all black wheelchair into the room, and parked it infront of EG.

I ignored the mobile chair as if were a being.

The nurse asked me a question, but I just stared in her face and made her uncomfortable until she left.

"Cheron, you don't have to intimidate the lady like that" EG rubbed on Caedon's growing hair.

"How the fuck am I intimidating anyone? I'm cripple now, right?"

I grabbed the other side of the hospital bed, and pulled myself over even though that was possibly the worst pain that I've experienced to date.

I felt something release on my forehead, and liquid rushing down.

"Your forehead stitches! Cheron, you're straining yourself"

I let go of the bed, and dropped down onto the hard bed, back into my original position.

"I'll go get your doctor again"

-