Three || Honey for You

HONEY FOR YOU

WE NAME THE KITTEN HONEY

Rome is the one who suggests it. I agree because it seems fitting for a feline with golden fur. She falls asleep in my lap on the way to Rome's apartment. The mating bond between us purrs with our extended contact. It seems like Rome and I working together - even if it is for something as naming a cat - makes us happy for some reason. 

My emotions scramble all over the place - embarrassment at getting caught by super villain, fear for my parents, annoyance at leaving early, awkwardness in sharing a car with Rome, and something else that I can't quite decipher yet. Exhausted by all of it, I find myself nodding off.  

Finally, we reach Rome's apartment. 

Instead of going through the gates like I did the last time I came here, he bypasses them entirely, taking a hidden street to the back. Motion-censored beacons light up a paved driveway, illuminating trimmed hedges on either side of us. The sounds of the city fall away into a peaceful silence. I perk up, looking around. 

Rome takes a lowered ramp into a garage. He has to scan his fingerprint at the gate in order to open two massive doors that groan as they rise. Rome taps his fingers on the wheel with impatience. I look out in awe. 

When we drive inside, I expect us to park at a designated spot in a dusty floor. Instead, Rome drives through a maze of black and white tiles, coming to a stop next to a matching elevator. A valet waits outside. Rome swings open our doors and get outside. After a second, I take Honey and slide out of my seat. 

"Successful mission, sir?" The valet asks, catching the car keys that Rome slings at him. 

"Yes, Jack. Thank you," Rome takes my hand and pulls me to him. "My mate, Winifred Hart." 

Jack glances at me curiously. I feel myself heat up at the introduction. This is the first time Rome's ever addressed me this way to somebody else. It feels... nice? But also really embarrassing. 

"It's nice to meet you, Winifred," Says Jack. He gives me a courteous and slides into the car. 

"Did you really have to introduce the two of us right now?" I grumble to Rome as he calls for the elevator. The doors open right away. 

"Why shouldn't I? You'll be coming here often, so it's nice to have a formal introduction," Rome says nonchalantly, walking inside. I follow him, scanning my surroundings. This elevator is less modern than the other, but twice as elegant. Rome swipes his card against the scanner. 

Beep. 

"Rome Suite," Says the electronic female voice. "Welcome home."