Chapter 24: Wake Up Call

Shane's POV:

I guess I had fallen asleep after Emily came in the room last night, because I was currently still in the same position. surprisingly, I felt very comfortable. Couldn't say the same for Emily though.

I moved slightly, stretching my legs out. I ended up waking Emily in the process.

Emily: -yawn- Hey ba- OH SH*T

I jumped up, do to her exclamation. She was clutching her back, her eyes shut tight.

Shane: EMILY! Are you okay? Do you need me to call an ambulance? WHATS WRONG?!

Emily: -chuckle- Shh.. Calm down Shane.. I think-- Sawyer-- is still asleep. My back was just cramping, that's all.

Shane: Oh. Sorry for overreacting.. I seem to be doing that a lot.

Emily: It's fine..

All of a sudden, we could hear Sawyer yell something from downstairs.

Sawyer: GUYS! I MADE BREAKFAST IF YOU WANT SOMETHING TO EAT!

Emily: Huh. I am a little hungry.. What about you?

I was just about to speak, when my stomach growled.

Emily: -laughing- I'll take that as a yes..?

Emily's POV:

Shane and I left the bedroom, and started to walk down stairs. Shane sat on the couch; I'd already told him I would get a plate for him. He was currently sitting on the couch when Sawyer walked over to me.

Sawyer: Hey, uh, Emily?

I turned my head slowly to look at him.

Emily: Yes, Sawyer?

Sawyer: I'm sorry about the other night and stuff.... I had to admit it was a pretty douchey move on my part, and if your up to it, we could maybe hang out sometime?

Emily: -laughing- As honored as I would feel to hang out with you, I'm gonna have to pass on that offer.

Sawyer: It's not because you don't trust me is it? I truly am sorry about what I did..' Sawyer said frowning

Emily: Don't be hard on yourself. It's just that I'm not from around here, and I wouldn't want you wasting gas coming to hang with me or whatever.

Sawyer: -sigh- Alright, I guess that's a fair argument. No hard feelings?

Sawyer had his arms hung out in the air, inviting me in for a hug.

I went in for the hug, and was wrapped in Sawyers muscular arms.

Emily: No hard feelings' I said laughing.

I broke the hug, picking up the full plates of food for Shane and I. I walked over to where Shane was sitting on the couch, and handed him his plate.

Sawyer: I'm gonna go eat in my room, so you guys have the living room to yourselves... Just try not to mess up the couch too badly haha

I shot Sawyer a death glare, and he instantly regretted making that statement.

Sawyer: Ok ok! I'm sorry!

He ran up the stairs, and in a matter of minutes, it was just Shane and I in the living room. It was completely quiet, unless you counted the scraping of our forks on the plates.

Shane: Hey em?

Emily: Yea?

Shane: Well I need a place to stay.. I'm obviously not going to stay at Lisa's, and there is no way I could stay here. it reminds me of him' he said casting his gaze to the floor