Chapter 22: Hes Gone (But He Promised)

Joey's POV:

I had awoken from my spot in the hospital bed. And Shane wasn't lying next to me. Had I dreamt his whole being here last night?! I could've sworn he was here!

Joey: Shane?.. Are you here?

Shane: Yea... Im still here..' he said with a shaky voice

I looked over to where he was sitting on one of the chairs. Cat was still snoring in a corner, and I had forgoten she was still here.

Joey: Shane? Whats wrong?

Shane: Nothing..

Joey: -sigh- Shane I know something is wrong..

Shane's POV:

Crap! What do I tell him? I cant tell him that Emily and I.... did that. As far as he knows, we're only friends! I guess I could just tell a little lie? I mean... I'm never going to see Emily again, right?

No Shane. You're not going to lie. Lying could've broken up your relationship one time, and it's partly your job to make sure that doesn't happen. EVER.

Shane: Well...

Joey: Well?' Joey emphasized.

Shane: ok.. I haven't been completely honest with you..' I said as I looked down at my feet

Joey: What do you mean you haven't been completely honest?

Shane: uhm.. Well you see Emily isn't just my friend..

Joey: and that means..?

Shane: Well I'm a boy.. she's a girl...

Joey: godammit Shane stop it with the riddles!

Shane: ....

Joey: Shane I'm getting kind of annoyed now.

Shane: ok ok...

Joey: Shane I-

Shane: EMILYANDIHOOKEDUPANDILOSTMYVIRGINITYIMSOSORRYPLEASEDONTLEAVEME!!!

Joey: You know I can't understand you when you jumble your words up..

Joey's POV:

Buy I understood him just fine. I understood when he told me that they weren't just friends. Hell, I understood what happened the moment they walked in holding hands like that!

Joey: Shane, your obviously not going to repeat yourself, so by going I THINK you said, why?

Shane didn't answer me. All he did was stare at the floor

Joey: Shane I want you to know that I'm not mad at you.

Shane looked up at me, his big eyes staring. He was starting to tear up and I've ALWAYS hated seeing him like this.

Shane: How can you not be mad at me?' he whispered

Joey: Because I know you didn't mean it.

After I said that, he looked at me with utter disbelief. He looked like he was mad that I thought I meant nothing to him.

Shane: Well, you might think it meant nothing, but it sure meant something to me!

Joey: And what's that supposed to mean?!

Shane: IT MEANS THAT WHILE I WAS GETTING LONELY AND SEEKING LOVE FROM A STRANGER, HERE YOU WERE PERFECTLY FINE, SNUGGLED UP WITH CAT! WHO IF IM RIGHT, STARTED THIS WHOLE MESS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Joey: Did you just say... that I was perfectly fine?' I asked through gritted teeth

Shane: Joey... I'm sorry. I didn't mean that.