"Valentina!" Tony called out to me and I turned around with a blurry vision.

"I'm sorry, Tony... I'm so sorry." I whispered and walked away from my best friend, who was completely dumbfounded.

" I whispered and walked away from my best friend, who was completely dumbfounded

"Valentina?"

To my surprise, Tony wasn't the one that spoke next.

"Clint...are you okay?" I whispered as I observed his wounds.

"What the hell are you doing? Come back here." He shouted and I shook my head slowly.

"Move, Montenegro." Anna hissed as she saw my father take off with the first helicopter.

"I'm okay, you guys. Don't look for me." I assured them, and they stared at me in shock.

Grabbing my hand, Anna charged towards the roof of the building, where the other helicopter was located.

I watched in pain as my friends watched me fly away with crest fallen expressions.

It's for the best. They can't get hurt because of me.

****

                  •Tony•

"You didn't see what I saw." I told Steve. "She had the choice to come with us, Steve....she chose not to."

"Something doesn't add up." Banner stated while frowning. "A few days ago, she wanted nothing but to get away from her father, and now you're telling me that she chose to go with him...willingly?" He chuckled in disbelief.

"Something definitely doesn't make sense." Natasha added and I just shook my head at them, and walked down to my lab.

****

                •Valentina•

"He could have been hurt." I glared at her and she just shrugged a shoulder.

"Anna, you could have killed him!" I screamed and she watched me in suspicion before speaking up.

"Something tells me you've developed a little bit of feelings for the billionaire."

I scoffed and glared at her.

"He's my friend, Anna! The least I could do is show some concern since he was almost killed because of me."

"Hmm." She ignored me and walked out of the dusty old room.

****

                 •Anna•

"You're daughter is in love." I teased Salvador, who glared at me in response.

"You know I don't approve of her relationship with that dimwitted fucker." He growled and I smirked.

"Not that bloody moron." Amused, I watched him as he started picking up the pieces.

"Stark." He mumbled in disbelief. He stood their staring at me in response for a moment before rushing out of the room.

 He stood their staring at me in response for a moment before rushing out of the room

****

"Stark?" I asked her and she turned around in confusion.

"What?"

"I must say you have a very fine taste in men, darling." I sarcastically addressed her.

"Again, what?"

"You're in love with Stark aren't you? He's 8 years older than you for christ's sake." I ranted and she chocked on her own saliva.

"What the fuck?"

"Language!"

"Dammit dad, I'm not 5 anymore!" She shouted in frustration and my breath hitched. I could tell by the surprise on her face that she didn't mean to say it.

"You called me dad." I told her and I winced at how weak my voice was.

"Well you are my dad, aren't you?" She sassed. "Tony is my friend, alright? And whether you like it or not I really do care about him. I care for all of them." She smiled sadly before walking out.

"She's warming up to you." Anna strolled in with a sly smirk.

Rubbing my chin, I stood there saying no words.

"You might not know it yet, Salvador, but deep down she loves you just as much as you love her."

"I don't love." I pointed out.

"How long are you going to keep lying to yourself, Salvador?" She said, frustration clear in her expression.

"I. Don't. Love. Why can't you get that through your brain, Anna?"

"Because I know! Goddammit Salvador, I know! I know how you sit outside her room every night listening to her cry. I know how you walk inside her bedroom when she's fast asleep and watch her. If that's not love then I don't know what is, Salvador." She screamed, throwing her arms around.

She cupped my face and whispered.

"Don't make your father define you." 

I don't know what came over me in that moment. I had absolutely no control over my body. But I kissed her. I kissed her like my life depended on it.

 I kissed her like my life depended on it