Chapter III

Yuri reaches her home. She checks her watch: 3:30, right on time. She opens the door to find her parents walking around, getting ready. Her father is dressed in a steel-colored blazer atop light blue dress shirt and a jet-black tie and wears metal-grey dress pants. Her mother wears a light blue dress with a white pattern across it.

"Ah, hello, Yuri!" her father says as she walks in the front door. She waves hello and shuts it behind her.

"What are you dressed up for?" Yuri asks, even though she already has an idea.

"We are going out to eat for tonight. You will stay behind, we're sure that's fine. You may either prepare a meal yourself or order one. If you decide to order, the limit is thirty-five dollars. Understood?"

Yuri nods. Her parents were always out. They both had busy jobs that had them go on long business trips, and when they weren't out for work, they were going out to eat.

Before she knows it, her parents have left, and the house is Yuri's. She changes out of her school clothing and into a beige sweater with her most comfortable black pants. As she changes, she intentionally avoids looking down so she wouldn't have to see her... scars... if she looks at them, she'll get a torrent of emotion she doesn't want to deal with right now. She grabs her Poetry Notebook and opens to the first blank page. That talk with Monika earlier inspired her. She decides to try utilizing Monika's style of utilizing the space between words and stanzas. "I am                               lonely." No, too bluntly worded. It ruins the magic of literature. Then, she remembers what Monika said: sometimes it's not about the language. She leaves what she wrote on the page, and continues past it. By the time she's finished with the poem, she notices how much emotion she feels from reading it over, how much it makes her think. "Monika's going to love it." She thinks to herself, and she goes downstairs to order some food.