"Darling...see for yourself."

"Rose

"Rose." I whispered in shock as I observed them as they attacked each other's faces. Closing my eyes slightly, I sighed and I could almost feel myself shattering.

"When do I start?" I asked and I was actually surprised at how cold and clear my voice was in contrast to my heart.

"Right now." She ordered and motioned to one of the guards.

"Valentina this is Ian, he'll be training you for a few hours then you'll take a break for the rest of the day."

I nodded at her and she walked ever so elegantly outside the room.

****

Ian was really hard on me. I guess those people don't joke. Strolling through the forest, I found a peaceful place to sit, and I set down the picnic basket I had in my hand.

 Strolling through the forest, I found a peaceful place to sit, and I set down the picnic basket I had in my hand

The familiarity of the place made me feel at ease. This used to be Tony's Malibu mansion before it got blown to pieces last year. I sat there watching the sunset feeling so numb. Tears started forming in my eyes, but I blocked them back. Anna was right...I needed to be strong. I won't be the sad little girl that lost her father. I will be strong. I need to be strong. Taking a gulp out of my beer, I smiled as memories of my childhood starting flashing right in-front of my eyes.

-Flashbacks-

27 years ago:

"Daddy, look!" I squealed, jogging after the butterflies. I heard my dad snigger and I turned around with a frown.

"I can't catch them, daddy!" I stomped my foot on the ground in annoyance.

"I know, pumpkin. Come here." He opened his arms and engulfed me into a hug.

"I love you, pumpkin." He whispered while kissing my head.

"I love you too, daddy. Always and forever." I mumbled as I nuzzled my face into his chest, ready to fall asleep.

"Always and forever." He whispered as he gently rocked me back and forth while watching the sunset.

"Salvador!!" My mom called.