"They can protect me!"

"No one can protect you from what's coming, so you need to be strong in order to face it on your own." She explained and I just shook my head.

"Believe it or not, he does care for you."

At her words, I burst into tears again. He doesn't care. He never did, and he probably never will.

"Listen to me!" She shouted while gripping my shoulder, and I hissed at the pain it caused me.

"You have to be strong to overcome this, Valentina. But you have to trust me. Trust us. We just want your protection and after that...your father will disappear from your life and you won't hear from him again."

I processed her words and nodded afterwards.

"Good. Now, change into these clothes and meet me in the room across the hallway, with the glass doors."

****

"Took you long enough

"Took you long enough." She muttered impatiently tapping her foot against the wooden floor.

"Now I'm sure you have a lot of questions, so ask away so we can begin your training." She continued and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where are we?"

"California."

California? When the hell did we get to California?

"What's your name?"

"Anastasia Petrov, but you can call me Anna."

"Can I make a call?" I asked her and she raised an eyebrow, showing me indirectly how stupid my question really was.

"No contact with the outside world."

"Who are you protecting me from?"

"That my dear, is classified. Anything else?"

"No." I shrugged and she mumbled a good before motioning me to follow her.

"Now..you can go anywhere in the compound, but don't go near the borders or you'll trigger an alarm, and you've met your father's men. They're not the nicest."

I gulped thinking about what happened to Steve.

"Can I at least call them and tell them that I'm okay?" I tried my luck and the woman shook her head once more.

"Can I at least call my boyfriend? He must be worried sick and...."

She interrupted me with the sounds of her laughter and I was confused as to what she was laughing about.

"You call that douchebag a boyfriend? Honey he isn't even looking for you...at least he isn't doing half of what the Avengers are."

"What are you talking about? You must be mistaken, he's probably..."