4.

"Mike, you don't have to stay." Carrie said, watching Mike laying the blankets down on her bedroom floor.

"No, I want to. I want to be here if you need me. But if you want me to leave, I will."

"No, you can stay." Carrie quietly replied, holding her breath as she sat on her bed.

"Care, talk to me. Tell me whatever you need to." He said, taking her hand and leading her to the top of her bed, him sitting beside her, their backs resting against the headboard.

"Mike, I don't want to freak you out." Carrie shook her head, him wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"I can handle it Carrie. You might feel better if you talk about it." Mike replied, the blonde letting out a deep breath.

"The night he took me he told me he wanted me to be his wife and that's what I was." Carrie shrugged, licking her lips again as she adjusted herself to lean against Mike. "I cooked for him everyday. Once he was telling me the rules and he said I'd make breakfast, lunch and dinner, I thought I could poison him or something but the only thing that was in his house were the things he'd buy from the stores every day for me to cook with. He even had the cleaning supplies locked away somewhere and whenever he wanted me to clean he watched everything I did. There was no sneaking to do anything." She tried explaining the best she could. "He would only hurt me if I didn't agree to something. Every night he'd rape me. That's when he'd hurt me the most. If I asked him to stop or started crying or anything he would start to beat me." Carrie looked down at her fingers embarrassed, tears falling from her eyes.

"Care, we don't have to talk about it." Mike hugged her gently, wiping away the tears.

"I want to get it out, if that's okay."

"Course," he gave her a reassuring smile.

"I, I thought on the first night I'd be able to run away but he hand cuffed me to the bed, he did every night. When he would leave every day he would chain me to a pole in the basement, I guess no one could hear me scream down there." Carrie bit her lip harshly, Mike rubbing her arm, trying to comfort her. "It'd only been a few months when I had missed my period." Carrie looked at Mike, mentally asking if it was okay to talk about the subject, him nodding for her to continue. "I didn't tell him anything; I was hoping that I'd be able to escape before he found out but I couldn't." Carrie was becoming more and more emotional as she spoke and she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep herself together. "The next few months or so I guess he was so drunk he couldn't see what he was doing and he didn't lock the padlock on the chains before he left. When he came home he found me trying to get through the window I'd busted out in the basement. The next day he filled in the windows with cement. Carrie stopped, shaking her had at the memory that tortured her more than the rest of them.

"We can stop."

"He, he saw that I was pregnant and he through me down the stairs. He started beating me and I miscarried the next day." The cried uncontrollably, Mike wrapping his other arm around her, hugging her tightly. "Nothing was worse than that. Once he was sober the next day he apologized and said that I would forgive him with time. Mike, can, can you sleep up here with me? Please, I just don't want to be alone." Carrie looked into his eyes as he wiped the tears from her face again.

"Of course." Mike answered, nodding his head before kissing hers gently.

"Mike, I am so sorry that I am such a mess." Carrie covered her face with both hands, taking a deep breath as she shook her head.

"Listen to me, Care, I am here for you absolutely whenever you need me okay? You can talk to me about anything, you're my best friend. I love you and I'm going to keep you safe, I promise." Mike's words caused her to feel more comfortable and safe than ever. She laid back into his arms and he reached the string of the lap on her bedside table, pulling it and turning off the light.

I'm sorry it's been a little while since I've updated! 2o votes for an update! Comment your thoughts!