Chapter 7 ● The Day They Made It Messy

Start from the beginning

"Jesus Christ, indeed," I join him. "I got all the contacts of all the places we need to get in touch with for flowers, dresses, tuxes, food, decorations-"

"We?"

"You and I are supposed to split this work," I explain. "Although, I've taken the liberty of doing most of it already because it took Felipe a minute to decide on a best man."

"He came to me as a last resort," Juan grunts.

"Really?" I ask concerned. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize-"

"Don't worry about it," he stops me. "I was convinced the only real thing I had to worry about was a bachelor party."

"If only," I put a hand on his shoulder. "Meli wouldn't have gunned for you if she didn't trust you could do all this," I explain. "With my help of course."

"I haven't even looked at the list and it's been a week," he laughs and rubs his face.

"I'm here to help," I close the binder and put it to the side.

"Do you know if we're getting plus ones?"

"I think we might," I shrug. "But even if you do bring a date you're walking me down the aisle."

"Oh," he smiles. "I'll try not tripping."

"If I fall because of you, I will end you," I warn him. "This is an actual wedding that's not a part of wedding season so it matters!"

"You just reminded me about wedding season," he shakes his head.

"Why do you ask about plus ones?"

"I wanted to ask a girl out."

"Eva?" I ask and he stays quiet. "Thought so," I try not frowning.

"I just- I guess I kind of like her," Juan admits. "But she'd never in a million years be my girlfriend."

"Well then, she's dumb," I tell him. "And don't take it personally, she just wouldn't get tied down like that."

"You know her better than anyone," he starts. "Why is she like this?"

I scoff and smirk before replying.

"She's a tough egg to crack," I nod. "And she's not one for relationships but rather...."

"Rather what?"

"I don't like talking about people behind their backs!" I grab the binder and rush towards my room.

"Anto," he calls out and follows me. "Come on, you're not saying anything bad."

"I always feel like I am with Eva," I turn on my heels and face Juan.

"Just tell me."

I debate whether I should tell him all I know about Eva and why she isn't the best of girls for him. Seeing as how I like him myself, talking bad about Eva is gonna make me feel like I'm trying to sell myself over her.

"How about I just show you?" I offer.

"Show me what?"

I walk over to him and take him by the hand before guiding him into Eva's bedroom.

I let go of his hand to open the door to the closet and wave at him to come in to see the wall in front of me.

"What is this?" He asks.

"A map," I explain. "Of all the gyms and nightclubs within a five mile radius of here. Eva rotates on free trials and weekends to all of these places to pick up guys and have one night stands," I clarify.