Chapter 1: The Queen's Necklace Is Missing

(since this is my first mystery novel I am going to start small)

"Uncle, do you know where the measuring tape,"I said to my uncle who was in another room looking for the missing measuring tape.I couldn't find the measuring tape nor Uncle who was supposed to be helping me.

I decided to see if Uncle found it. So I when to go check, I started to hear voices from behind the door of the room where Uncle is in.

"What do you mean that the Queen's priceless necklace was stolen, how?" said Uncle.

"Queen?..." I whispered to myself.

 "All I know is that one minute one of my men was on duty and the necklace was there, and the next minute the guard was unconscious and the necklace are gone," said a male Scottish voice.

"And we are trying to find out who did it," said another male voice.

"Well, do know anyone may have-" my uncle was cut off by me sneezing.

'Oh no!' I thought as I heard footsteps come up to the door and the door opens up.

"Well, what do we have here?...a spy?" said a red-haired with brown eyes man with a Scottish accent.

"Rose?!" said Uncle, "What are you doing here?" 

"I was looking for the measuring tape but I couldn't find it, so I was would if you knew where it was, and then when I went see if you know where it is, and what is this about the Queen's Necklace is missing?" I said to them.

"This is my niece, Victoria Rose," said Uncle, "And just like her father smart and curious,"

"So this is the niece you told me about, I thought she would be prettier," said the Scottish man.

'does this man want to die?' I thought to myself.

"Conall, don't be rude, I think she's pretty," said a man with brownish red hair.

"Thank you, now as you said the Queen's Necklace was stolen, I am guessing whoever took it must have had help from the inside," I said as I stepped into the room, " and Lord Saighdear if one of your men was in the room with the necklace, that means he is a suspect, because the only way into the room is a key and the only ones with the key is the Queen and the guard that is inside the room(is this true? I don't know.),"

"H..how did you-" Lord Saighdear was cut off by me.

"Oh, your name and about the information," I said, "One, my uncle may be your personal tailor but I sew most of your clothes and Two, my best friend Ivy, her brother is one of the guards,"

"Well, Miss Goodman, the information is very helpful," said the brownish red hair man.

"Please call me Rose, Edward Blackwood," I said.

"How did you know who I am?" Said Edward in shock.

"Easy, I was the person who measured you last week, it is hard for me to forget a face or name," I said, "I would love to help solve this mystery,"

"No, you can not," said Lord Saighdear.

"Why not?" I asked getting annoyed.

"Because you are a woman," he said.

"You think all because I am a woman that I can't solve a mystery," I said, " and if you are saying that my dear sir, I will be more than happy to-" I was cut off by my uncle who covered my mouth.

"Conall, Edward, I think it time for you to go," he said.

"Yes, I think you are right," said Edward as he dragged Conall out of the room.

"Rose, what were you thinking, talking to Lord Saighdear like that," he said to me as he removed his handed to let me speak.

"He has no right to say what I can and can't do," I said as glared at uncle letting him know that I wasn't going to let Lord Saighdear win.

"I can help you a little bit, to see if you can solve the mystery before Lord Saighdear does, and I think Edward would help you too," he said as he sat down at his desk.

"What are you saying?" I said him now curious as ever.

"I am saying that you could probably be able to beat Conall at solving mysteries, are you up for it?" He said as handed me several pieces of paper.

"Hmmm.......yes," I said as I took the paper from him.

"That is my copy of the information so far," he said as I looked it over.

"Well, I can't wait to start, but first we have to open up the shop," I said as walked out of the room.

"Rose dear, I found the measuring tape," said Auntie as handed me the measuring tape, " it was in my needle box,"

"Really I wonder how it got there," I said, "I don't remember going into your needle box."

"Hmm.." said Auntie,"well we better open up the shop,"

"Okay," I said as I walked up to the door and unlocked it, the first person that step in was a woman with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes, wearing a dark blue dress that I made a week ago.

"Hello, Ivy," I said as I hugged by my best friend.

"Did you hear what happened?" she said as we walked to my sewing room.

"That the Queen's million dollar necklace was stolen, then yes," I said.

"No..yes how did you know?" she asked as she looked at me confused.

" my uncle was talking about it with Lord Saighdear and Sir Edward Blackwood, and I am going to help solve it with my uncle," I said.

"Really!?" She said,"isn't Lord Saighdear handsome?"

"I have to agree with you there, but he is a complete jerk, he said I couldn't solve this mystery because I am a woman," I said as I was drawing a design for Ivy and accidentally broke the pen.

"Oh dear," said Ivy as she watched what was happening.

"Well, my uncle said I can solve this mystery before Lord Saighdear," I said as got a new pen.

"Really, while I and my brother can help you if you like," she offered.

"Yes, that would be wonderful," I said, "can you bring the information of the guard that was in the room at the same time the Queen's necklace was stolen,"

"Yes I can," she said, "What time do you what me to bring it to you?"

"At at 1 pm," I said as I finished the design for her new dress, "how is this" handing her the design.

"Beautiful, I am glad, you are coming to the ball with me," she said as she handed back the design.

"I am too, you never told who is hosting the ball," I said.

She mutters something, but I couldn't hear what she said.

"Ivy please speak up, I can't hear you," I said.

"The host is Lord Saighdear," she said.

"What!" I yelled.

"please don't be mad at me for not telling you," she said.

"I am not mad, probably a little," I said as picked out the fabric for the dress, "Ivy, would you like this pale pink or baby blue,"

"hmm...pale pink I have never worn before I will go with that," she said as she looked at the pale pink fabric.

"okay, the pale pink fabric it is," I said.
...............................................................................................................................................................

this is my first mystery EVER!!!!!! writing at least.