1

-Rose-

I groaned, hearing my telephone ringing in my ear. Who could possibly be calling at this hour of the morning? Slowly rolling over, I grabbed the phone and held it up to my ear. 

"Hello," I answered groggily. "Miss Faretti? It's Mrs. Wensel from Kennedy. How are you feeling, today," a woman I was much too familiar with greeted me back. You, I've been sick with the flu for the past week, so I wasn't sure if I was going to make it to school today. "I'm feeling great, actually. I was just getting up." "Great! Well, take your time. We'll see you later." I hung up with a sigh. Time to get ready.

------

I ran down the halls, making my way to the teacher's lounge. You see, I'm a tutor, so I'm the only student allowed in there. I've never been this late to school before, and it's honestly tripping me out. I have to do better, tomorrow.

I busted through the door, making everyone in the lounge stop and look at me. I felt warmth flood to my cheeks as I shyly smiled at all the frighting adults. "Good morning! Don't mind me, as you were," I said to them all with a small curtsy before walking over to my supervisor, Mr. Jurel. "Hi, Mr. Jurel." My favorite teacher, now hearing my soft voice, looked up from the stack of papers he was holding and smiled. "Hello, Rose. Feeling better?" I nodded. "Yup! I'm ready to work!" "Good, because this is going to be tough," he said, handing me the thick pile of documents. I nearly dropped it; it was so heavy!

"Oh my goodness! How many kids is this," I asked, eyeing all of the paperwork. "One." I stared at Mr. Jurel like he was crazy. This can not be one student. "One? Really," I pressed. "Yeah. Name's Eddie Pilikian. He and his parents are gonna counseling office in about 5 minutes, and I want you to be there when I meet him," Mr. Jurel replied, grabbing the papers from me and guiding me out the room.

"Oh, I don't know, Mr. Jurel," I started, "this is gonna be hard for me." "C'mon, I know you can do it. Where's the positive Rose that I know?" I sighed. He would say that to me.

"One kid?"

---timeskip---

Mr. Jurel and I arrived at the door of the counseling office. Feeling my nerves kicking in, I took a shaky breath. I mean, this is one kid, for crying out loud! If he has this many problems, he must be a bad boy, or something! I don't wanna go through that again.

Mr. Jurel took note of my current state and placed a hand on my shoulder. "You can do this. Just breathe. I'll do most of the talking, but jump in whenever you feel ready," He said to me with a smile. I nodded, opening the door and stepping inside.

"Mr. and Mrs. Pilikian," Mr. Jurel said to the man and woman seated at the table, "Alex Jurel, and this is Rose Farreti." He made a jesture to me, and I smiled at the two visitors. "No, I'm Jeffery Propes, Mrs. Pilikian's attorney," the man at the table replied. Attorney? What does she need an attorney for? 

I took at seat at the table, right across from a boy who was avoiding all eye contact with everyone in the room. He had raven hair and dark brown eyes. He wore an outfit that looked like something right out of a movie (you don't say?). He didn't look mean. Maybe I was worried for nothing. But why would they need an attorney? Did he do something?

"Oh," I began, gaining the attention of the boy, "what did he do this time?" Mr. Propes, the attorney, shook his head at me. "No, I'm here in regards to Mrs. Pilikian's recent divorce." I rose and an eyebrow, looking from the attorney, to the boy, to Mrs. Pilikian, then to Mr. Jurel. "Oh, okay. I see," Mr. Jurel replied, joining the conversation. "Rose, would you and Eddie wait outside?" "Of course."

I rose from my chair and made my way around the table to the door. I was about the reach for the doorknob when an arm came out infront of me, stopping my motions. "Let me." The boy grabbed the knob, twisting it, before pulling the door open for me. That was sweet of him. "Thank you," I said with a smile before walking out.