The Accidental Fall 🍁 Chapter Nine

"Could you help me carry this please." He takes out a brown bag from the car that's heavier than it looks

He carries out two more bags, bigger than the one I'm carrying and shuts the door.

"I think that's it." He tries to lock the car without dropping the bags

"Here. I've got a free hand, I can do it."

"Thanks."

"So what's it like to be away from home?"

"Home? Oh you mean like home home? You know how, they say 'home is where the heart is', and my heart's right here in my chest. So pretty much no matter where I go, it'll always feel like home."

"Ayyye that's deep, you a poet or something?"

"Hahaha. Naah."

We finally get back with the group. I notice Tess giggling next to Dylan.
Marshmallows are passed around, music now playing and it smells like salty water and firewood.

"She's way better at this whole party-thing than me"

His gaze shifts from mine to Anie's and he nods, lowering his voice he says,

"You know Denzel talks about her all the goddamn time. Seriously."

"Yeah? I say  biting my lip. "You know i wouldn't be surprised if...."

I trail off with an intentional lift of eyebrows and he nods thoughtfully.

"Yeah I can definitely see that happening,"

" Well. We'd better be prepared to walk into random quickies on every lunch break," I say jokingly and he laughs, a real one, head tilted back and everything.

"You can for sure bet on that"

The mood between us goes silent for a while then a drunk Tess shouts "Lets play a game! Truth,dare or drink"

There's an array of yeahs. The bottle stops at Anie and she gives me a look that screams 'HELP', I stare back at her a reassuring 'just breathe' look.

"Okay Melanie, whats your body count?"
Tess says, her words pronounced in a slurr.

Oh shit. oh shit noooo! She didn't just say what i think she said. A now embarrassed Melanie in clear panic. What do I do???

"Uhhh I think I'll go first instead." Dylan chimes in cutting through the tension and gives Tess a small smile.

Hmm he's cocky, sweet and gorgeous too. Help me Jesus!

"Same question?"

"Yeah."

"Fifteen that I can remember."

After that there's a buzz of more absurd questions and dares around the fire. Liam and I are indulged in a conversation about what we're planning for thanksgiving. The bottle then lands on me.

WAIT WHAT! It's okay, I'll  be fine. I'm fine. I'm okay.

"Um I dare you to make out with Liam for two minutes." A girl I don't remember seeing earlier states with a playful undertone.

"What! No!" Her blonde friend next to her that's been darting her eyes at me all night squeals. She gets weird looks from everyone in the circle. I turn to Liam who stares at me with an amused grin.

"Uh I meant. Nothing, don't mind me." She then buries herself in her oversized hoodie.

"Well.. go on then guys."

I bite my cheek as I turn towards a nervous looking Liam. I let a breath out as I inch closer to his glorious masterpiece of a face.

His hands gently grab my face as his lips brush against mine, tasting and teasing me. My bottom lip is pulled into his mouth and I moan softly, granting him full access as I part my lips and his tongue sweeps inside. He tastes like beer and spearmint, he continues to swirl his tongue. I'm completely oblivious to the all the eyes that are on us.