Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen-

The night passed quickly for a change, I felt so much better that Raphael phoned me and wanted me to help him. Even if I didn't know how to we could just spend the time relaxing. I woke up early but not to early. I shoved on my jeans and a white top, I shoved my hair up into a messy ponytail not bothering with how I looked today. I made my bed which wasn't something I do every day and there was low knock on the front door. I knew who it was straight away, how he knew where I lived was another story. There he was smiling down at me, I had forgotten what he looked like without the pain on his face. I invited him and that's when my mum appeared out of think air.

"Who's this?"

"Mum this is Raphael, the anger, you know the one who I told you about"

"Oh it's a pleasure to meet you"

"As it is to meet you too"

I grabbed some recent newspapers out of a draw and sat on the floor while Raphael claimed the couch. I threw the newspaper at him. I wasn't even sure what type of job he wanted. I didn't eve know if he had much experience at human jobs. Come to think of it I should be thinking of the same thing, getting a job, a house of my own but not until everything's sorted out.I glanced at Raphael and he was reading the front page of the newspaper, his eyes full of horror. I snatched the newspaper out of his hand, flicked it to the back where I knew where the job ads were. He looked at me confused until he began reading it again.

"So Raphael, what'd you want a job in"

"I don't know something easy I suppose

"With that attitude I wouldn't employ you"

"Really, so what should I do"

"Well maybe take it small, I'm sure Maggie might need someone working behind the tills"

"Who's Maggie?"

"She owns this cute little cafe, I'm going there tonight I could ask her"

"How about I come with you?"

"Um"

"You're going to meet Marcus aren't you"

"Yeah sorry"

"No, not it's fine, are you sure you want to ask Maggie for a job for me in front of Marcus?"

"Well you're my friend, friends help each other out, he'll understand"

"Oh okay then, should I go now"

"No, we could watch a film, or something anyways there's something I need to show you"

"Okay"

I lead him upstairs, my mum did't even question what I was doing. I wanted to show him the map that was on my closets wall, something me and Blaze discovered but haven;t mentioned it since. Raphael starred at my wall for a few moments before smiling, I even handed him the key too off my grandma. He was turning the key round in his hand when he smiled in delight at me.

"Your door is someone on this map, we just need to find out some clues, and find some more information about your gran, sounds like a quest to me"

"Yeah great"

I seemed happy but in some ways I didn't care, blood was boiling in my veins, I didn't feel too good. I'm guessing Raphael noticed my lack of enthusiasm. He wet to touch my shoulders but I grabbed hold of his wrist and twisted it away from me. He gasped out in pain and shock. I let go realizing what I had done. What have I done? I didn't mean to hurt him. Was I loosing against being good. o, I'm stronger than this. I grabbed hold of the wrist I've just broke and carefully touched it. I dashed out the room grabbing a bandage and ran back to my closet, Raphael was still where he stood looking scared and trying to take care of his arm. I heard his voice i my mind. That's not like Victoria to act like that, somethings the matter. I ignored what he though,and quickly bandaged him up. I asked him politely to leave which he was reluctant to doing but I begged him that I just wanted time on my own to clear my mind, I'll be fie. For the rest of the day I locked myself in my room, my mind replaying what I had done to Raphael. I didn't even apologize. Maybe I wasn't strong enough to fight against the monster inside me. Maybe there is no hope left for me at all. I had almost forgot about my date with Marcus. I quickly dialed his number and he answered.