Private Not a Secret

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm back with another one shot!~

A million thanks to the person who arranged that fake IG post thegoodbyegirl

I hope you guys like it :D

twitter: cheerfultopaz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yook Sungjae, a part of a 7 - membered boy group, BTOB, has been busy with filming his latest variety show "Master of the House." In addition to it, he's also been busy doing his best to recover from his herniated disc. It has been hard for him to keep his life balanced but he knows it's worth it as long as he has her by his side.

"Are you sure, you're okay?" Lee Seunggi, also a part of the variety show, asks him. "You should've just taken more time to rest."

Sungjae shakes his head. "I don't really want to be stagnant at home. It makes me more restless. At least I have something to take my mind off things."

Seunggi chuckles. "Things, you mean someone from Red Velvet?" this surprises the younger boy. "What? I also have eyes, you know? I was there on stage and backstage at the Golden Disk Awards."

"Are we that obvious?" Sungjae blushes deep in his place.

Seunggi laughs again. "Yeah, you both are. But you... you are in different level of obvious... Yook Sungjae."

Sungjae is about to protest when the producer calls them. "Sungjae, Seunggi, we'll start filming now."

Sungjae doesn't realize that he forgot to silent his phone that when everyone at the site heard a sound that goes "Oppang, oppang answer my call". Sungjae blush only got darker by each second. He ends the call without answering it, while everyone is smiling knowingly at him.

Park Sooyoung, also known as Joy of a 5 - membered girl group, Red Velvet, finally gets a variety show of her own. It also keeps her busy, and in addition, she also has an upcoming drama and with her being a girl group member, she barely has time for herself... and for her boyfriend.

"Please answer my call." Sooyoung crosses her fingers while they are on break in filming 'Sugarman 2'. When the call ended without her talking to him, she puts down her phone lifelessly. "I guess he's busy too."

The girl hears a knock on her door and sees a familiar. "Hi, Sooyoung." Park Narae, another host with her, peeks at the door. She sees the younger girl holding her phone. "Can I come in?"

"Of course." Sooyoung stands up and gestures for them to sit at the couch. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

Narae shakes her head. "I just want to chat." she sees the other girl force a smile at her. "You look sad. Is there anything wrong?" she pauses. "Is it Sungjae?"

Sooyoung's eyes widen. "Are we that obvious?"

"Honey..." Narae chuckles at the girl's innocence. "Anyone can smell something fishy around you two. And besides, I was there at the time remember? I saw you guys till the end." she grabs her hand. "Now, tell me what's wrong?"

Sooyoung sighs sadly. "It's just that, we've been so busy lately. And I don't blame him or anything. In fact, it's one of the things I love about him. It's just... I miss him so much. I wanna see him. I wanna go out with him like any other normal couple. Sometimes, I feel like I'm getting tired of hiding our relationship. I want it private not a secret."

Narae nods understandingly. "But Sooyoung, you have to remember some things: you guys are not a normal couple, second, you're not just anybody. You're artists. You have to live with the consequences of the choices you make." she comforts her. "So I suggest that you guys talk about it, compromise and meet at the middle. It's either you stay hidden and continue your playing of hide n' seek and the I'm not close with him/her game. But you'll still have your privacy or... You can go out in the open just like what you want but receive all the reactions and attention of the public... both good and bad. But always remember that no matter what you'll always have each other."