Part 4

Enjoy...

___________________________________

Khushi was standing looking at the door from where the devil of her life was just dragged out.

But only her eyes were there. Because her mind was lost in only one question,

What now?

She was not showing it, but she was broken terribly from inside. The way her family always accused her left her heart shattered.

Gulping her emotions, she came near her lawyer and said slowly so that only he could hear,

Mr. Dev, remember what I asked you? Seeing his nod, she continued, then go and make final arrangements. I wil come in a while. And thanks for your help.

No problem ma'am. I will go and check it. Bye. And with a bend of his head, he left the Shantivan leaving only the family.

Wait, was it a family in the first place?

Taking a deep breath, Khushi turned and came towards Garima and Shashi. Garima tried to say something but Khushi just averted her eyes and bent in front of Shashi.

Babuji, she whispered. Thank you babuji. Agar ap meri madad na krte tu main us shakhs ki asliyat kabhi bhi sabit na kr pati. (Thank you babuji. If not for your help, I couldn't have shown that person's true colors)

All looked at Khushi, shocked. Without giving them any response, Khushi continued,

Ap ne Shyam k baare mein jo malomaat dhondhi thin un k zariye hm bht zada cheezon tk phnch sake. Ap ka shukria babuji. Khushi's voice cracked in the end, Shashi just blinked his eyes, still unable to speak much. (The information you collected of Shyam led us to many things. Thank you babuji.)

Kissing Shashi's hand, Khushi got up and glanced in the hall.

I am leaving. She announced earning gasps from everyone. Arnav who was silent too looked at her. All eyes held pain but that was not anything near to what Khushi was feeling.

Hum ja rahe hain yahan se. Hum jante hain k ap logon ko koi faraq nai pare ga, she scoffed, lekin phir bhi hum bata rahe hain. (I am going from here. I know that you don't care still I am telling you.)

Hum ja rahe hain, kabhi na wapis aane k liye. (I am going to never return.)

Khushi, Arnav's slightly whispered, a lone tear rolling down his cheek.

Khushi heard his whisper but didn't show so. Hum ap sb ki zindagi se bht door chale jain ge aur wada krte hain k ap logon k uper apna manhoos saya phir kabhi nai parne den gai. (I will go far away from your lives and I promise that I won't let my bad shadow fall upon you all.)

Garima at once came forward, and holding her shoulders turned her.

Khusi. Ye tum kya kahat ho? Tm ja- ja rahi ho? L-lek-lekin ka-kahan? Khusi, hum janat hain k humne tmre sath bohat nainsafi ki hai pr bitiya apni amma ko maaf kr do! Hum se ghalti ho gai, hamein maaf kr do. (What are you saying? You are going? But where? I know that we mistreated you but dear please forgive us. We made a mistake. Forgive us.)

Amma? Konsi amma? Khushi said, making Garima still. Oh, ap apni baat kr rhi hain? She asked in amazement. Lagta hai ap bhool gai hain, main Payal nai hun, main Khushi hun. Ap meri Amma nai, meri Maasi hain. Main ap ki beti nai hun, main ap ki mari hoi behan ki beti hun. Khushi said without any emotions. (Mother? What mother? Oh, you were talking about yourself! Looks like you forgot. I am not Payal. I am Khushi. You are not my mother, you are my mother's sister. I am not your daughter. I am you dead sister's daughter.)

Hamari Adhuri Kahani!!! ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें