Chapter 8 You Came Back

Începe de la început

"Draco Malfoy, One of the most powerful death eaters?", someone from the crowd asked. Because of the witch's curse, the villagers only remember the horrible things that he has ever done, and they didn't remember any of the great things.

"No, he's changed! He's gentle and kind", said Hermione with a look of worry. It seemed that the people didn't believe her at all, but when she looked more at the people around her, she saw two familiar faces. "Harry, Ron, you two believe me, don't you?" Just as she suspected, Harry and Ron looked at her like they had no idea what she was talking about.

"I'm sorry, Granger, but Malfoy has done some horrible things", said Ron. This wasn't the Ron she went to school with, and grew up with. This wasn't a friend at all. He was a stranger with memories who was embarrassed to have a different opinion than the people around him.

The look on Cormac's face showed pure hatred. He hated the fact that Hermione was defending the beast. He was even more angry about the look of affection on her face as she defended him. If Hermione truly cared about this beast, all he had to do was remove him from the picture, and nothing would get in the way of his chance at marrying Hermione.

"You all know what Malloy has done", Cormac's shouted loud enough for the whole crowd to hear. "Our world is finally free. Are you going to let him ruin that for us? Do you want to live in a world of darkness and destruction? He'd probably kill every last one of us if we let him. I say we kill the beast!", Cormac's shouted to the crowd around him. Cheers were heard from everyone, and it made Hermione feel uneasy. Cormac's stood in a triumphant pose with a smirk on his face, but that smirk disappeared when he noticed Hermione's glare. Cormac's pressed his lips together and pondered for a moment before speaking. "Now, we can't let her go and warn the beast. Kingsley, lock her up too."

   Hermione felt herself being lifted into the air by two men. As they pushed her into the stagecoach, Hermione yelled the words "You're the real monster, Cormac." They snatched her wand and the mirror. The last thing she saw was the smirk on Cormac's face before they slammed the doors shut. The hateful words that left Hermione's mouth meant nothing to him. Once the beast was dead, Cormac's would have everything he wanted.

                ***

  "Castle to E5." Blaise and Theo were playing a game of wizard chess since they knew three was nothing else left to do. Right as Blaise's castle took out Theo's pawn"Maybe that's her. Has she returned?", asked Theo. The little teacup who was watching the chess game with a bored expression had a smile on his face when he heard Theo's words.

  "Mione? Is she back?", the teacup tried to look out the window, but Blaise and Theo were blocking him from seeing anything. Instead of Hermione, they noticed a group of people with wands, and they didn't look very happy. After watching the group approach the manor grounds, Theo decided to warn the beast, while Blaise rounded up all the furniture.

  "Alright, everyone, we have been helping Draco for these past few years, and that is what we will be doing for our last night  together." Blaise was pacing was and forth to make sure everyone heard him. Blaise was ready to defend this manor like his life depended on it, which it did. "We must protect the Manor as long as we can."

         ***

   Hermione stared out the small hole in the stagecoach door to see that everyone in Diagon Alley had gone to help kill the beast. "I have to warn the beast!", Hermione whispered to herself as she tried to find a way out of the stagecoach.

  " Warn him? Why on earth would you want to go back to that horrid place?" Hermione was in the middle of slamming her shoulder against the door to hopefully rip the door off its hinges, but nothing was working.