Chapter 5 The Rose

"Have any of you ever tried to escape? Certainly you're trapped here and want your freedom just as much as I do", said Hermione. The teapot was leading her back to the entrance hall, so Hermione could get some rest after what happened in the dining room.

  "The master's not so bad when you get to know him, however, times like this it's hard to tell. It's my fault for letting him become like this." Both of them came to a halt at the base of the staircase.

  Hermione had a confused look on her face when the teapot finished her last sentence. How could a tiny teapot turn Malfoy into a horrible monstrous beast? "Your fault? How?"

  "He used to be so kindhearted, but he listened to the lies his father fed him, and I didn't do a thing to stop it. As years went on, I watched him turn into an exact copy of his cruel father."

  "What stopped you from helping him?", asked Hermione with curiosity.

  "He's my son, and I wanted him to be happy. He used to be a happy child, normal just you like, but now..."

  "Now he seems to be anything but that", said Hermione, knowing exactly what she was thinking. "There's got to be a way to break the curse. Didn't Blaise or Theo mention something about the west wing?"

  Hermione saw the teacup's look of horror as the words left Hermione's mouth. "That's not important. What is important is that you get some rest, especially after that dinner incident. We don't want you to be scared of the dining room for the rest of your life." Hermione nodded and started to head up the stairs as the teapot went back to the kitchen. At first she started to go up the stairs that led to the east wing, where her room was location, but when she knew that everyone was gone, she turned around and headed up the stairs that led to the west wing.

   There were many forks in the corridors, so Hermione basically just had to hope that she was going in the right direction. After minutes of traveling and backtracking, she came to a stop at two large Victorian doors that looked just like the ones in the east wing.

   The minute she opened the door, her mouth opened in shock. Many smashed pieces of furniture were scattered across the room. Hermione inspected them all, seeing claw marks on every one, before noticing a large portrait on the wall. There was a man with long blonde hair, a women with brown and blonde hair beside him, and another person between them. Hermione couldn't make out his face since it had been destroyed by claw marks. The only thing she could see on him were two grey eyes.

   Hermione was wondering why the Beast hated the person in the painting so much. She could basically feel the hatred radiating off it, but suddenly she felt as if something was trying to catch her attention. She turned her head and saw a large glass jar protecting a rose inside. It was just like the ones that her mother would give her before she headed off to Hogwarts. All she wanted was to touch it once, but did she dare lift the glass? This was the Beast's wing, this was his room, and if he found her in it, then she would be in far more trouble than she already is. She's already attempted to break out her father, and she refused to eat dinner with him, which caused him to lose his temper.

   There was also the possibility of it being a cursed rose. Hermione remembered when her friend, Katie Bell, almost died when a cursed necklace grazed a hole in her glove, but Hermione couldn't remember who tried to curse her.she returned her attention to the beautiful rose. Her fingers barely grazed the glass when a huge shadow blocked the rose from her vision.

  "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO IT?" She had never heard him this angry before.

  "I... nothing...", she barely managed to whisper in a shaky voice. This was the first time that Hermione had found herself to be speechless.