Chapter 1

"I just don't want you anymore."

I saw her reaction coming.
Seen it too many times on too many faces already.
The same old process, never seemed to change.

Doubt.
"You are joking right?"
I could see her lips trembling.
"Nope" I replied, shrugging.

Surprise.
"Christian..." She stuttered as her eyes widened.

Anger.
"Are you even listening to yourself right now Christian?!, its being six months! Six freaking months and you are telling me you don't want me anymore?! After everything! You heartless, cruel, beast!"
Jabbing her forefinger against my chest as she spat each one of the last three words.

And finally,
The water works and rhetorics.
I hate this part.
"Why? Christian...why are you doing this me?, I love you..." She said as she made an effort to wipe the tears beginning to fall.
"Did I do something wrong? I'll change...really I will."
Sighing as I took her hands in mine.
"Cassandra, you deserve better than me. I'm sorry."
"Christan..please don't do this to me..."
Turning away as I stood up to leave the room, I really couldn't take it anymore.
I could hear her calling my name between sobs as I walked away.

This was all her fault.
Just what part of "I don't want to get married" did she not understand?
Do people even still do arranged marriages?
This was the_
I already lost count after the last three.
Heaving a sigh as I walked towards my car
Now that was something I was in love with.
My matte black Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
My baby,
My_

"I was really looking forward to your dead body falling out of that window."
"Sorry to disappoint you man." I replied, grinning as I turned towards the direction of the voice, I could recognise it even if I had been born deaf.

Tunde Coker. There he was, the hulk of a man with his 'light up the room' grin on.
"I wasn't expecting to see you." I said as we shook hands.
He raised his brow at that,
"Came as soon as I saw your text."
"Which one?" I asked.
"I'm about to break up with Cassandra, if you don't see me in the next 24 hours call the police. PS:if that happens thank my mum for sending me to an early grave."
I couldn't help laughing.
'The dark one of the two' was what people called Tunde. Our height was the only physical trait we shared. Although I stood a little bit above his 6'1 frame. He was bulky, muscled all through and I happened to be on the leaner side. His dark skin was a stark contrast to mine as I happened to be a mulatto or half_caste as the people around here called it, Nigerian dad, latina Mom. Which explained my thick curly hair, very much different from his short dread locks popularly referred to as "Dada".
I kept a beard, he didn't. But I could see a week's worth of hair scattered across his jaw.
" The old man's been overworking you again?" I inquired.
"You know how he is" he replied,
"I barely even have time for Esther and the kids"
Yeah, another difference, he was married, very married and had two beautiful kids and an overly expensive wedding ring to prove it.
"And you decided to leave work to check if I was dead?"
He laughed, revealing his pearly white teeth and the dimple on his left cheek.
"I know right, I'm disappointed you still draw breath my friend" he replied slapping my back.
"Same here" I retorted.
The exchange was abruptly brought to an end by the vibration in my pocket.
Sighing as I saw the caller ID.
"Hello mum..."
"Come home..."
"Mum_"
"Now."
The firmness in her voice told me disobedience would likely be rewarded with a death sentence.
"Okay ma."

"I guess I'll be going then, the old man is probably tearing down my office and looking for me under the tables already."
Grinning as I shook his hand "see around man."

Biting my lower lip as I took the wheels of my car.
I dreaded meeting that woman. What did she even want this time?
A meeting with another CEO?
Another one of her never ending lectures on how I should live my life?
And the one I dreaded the most
Introduction to another one of the ladies she wants me to marry.
Where did she even bring them from?
They never seemed to end, was there a website for meeting rich people's daughters?
I was lost in thought,
Until I heard it.
Slam!
Who in the world would decide to hit my car's bonnet while in motion?
Checking my rear mirror.
Amused by the angry face shouting something I couldn't hear.

End of the chapter.
Let me know what you think. *insert smiley face*