Ch 16

I lay awake in Mick's arms. His words were weighing on me. He seriously was worried that he had sentenced me to death. A gentle knock at the door startles me away from my thoughts.
Untangling myself from Mick without waking him is a simple task. Once it's done I head to open the door.
Grace smiles slightly at me. "I didn't wake you, did I?"
I shake my head. "Can't sleep. What's up?"
"Arthur has to run an errand.. I was wondering if you wanted to go with us?"
I look over my shoulder at Mick's sleeping form. "I don't know."
"He just needs to get something from an odd source. It'll be quick. I promise."
I sigh. "Fine. I'll go." I head back into our quarters and grab my jacket.

My arms wrap around my middle in a desperate attempt to keep warm and stay warm. My breath fogs up in front of me. What I would give to be tangled up in Mick and under the blankets. This thought comforts me as we wait for Arthur's source to arrive.
Not much is said, there's a different energy in the air than there usually is. It's thicker and impatient. It's holding its breath and hyperventilation all at once. Grace and Arthur stand huddled close together.
"Hello, Ketch." A new voice purrs.
My brother nods as he heads towards a short man in a suit. "Crowley, do you have it?"
"Straight to the point. I like that. But who's that?" He looks at me.
"Brie." I say flatly, the cold making me appear more harsh than I actually am.
"You're the one who killed my crossroad demon, aren't you?" Crowley looks at me.
I nod. "That I did."
He smirks. "Thank you. He was going rogue and posed a threat to the well-being of Hell."
I raise a brow as Arthur lets out an exasperated sigh.
"Hess said that you would have the item that we need tonight. She also said that she's willing to uphold her end of the bargain."
Crowley chuckles as he produces a small silver tube from his pocket. "She better." He offers the tube to Arthur. "Take care of my Juliet will you."
Arthur nods and thanks him.
The demon smirks and nods at Arthur. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a little hell to raise." He vanishes.
Arthur slips the silver tube around his neck.
"That's a dog whistle... How is that going to help you?" I ask as I clench my jaw to keep my teeth from chattering.
"It's for a hellhound." Grace informs me.
A shudder rips through my body and I'm thankful for the cold for once. "Okay I'll bite... why do you need one?"
Arthur and Grace exchange a look. "It's my orders to dispose of all the American hunters." Arthur calmly states.
I swallow hard. "Starting with?"
"Eileen."
A lump in my throat forms. Arthur was being forced to kill a deaf woman with a hellhound. How sick is that? You're being chased by something you can't hear and now you're being told that no matter what choices you make you'll always end up in the same place.
I shake my head. "Can you take me home before that one?"
Arthur nods. "Of course.."
in that moment I knew Mick was right. We needed to get out of there and fast.