New York Tales

Beware the lack of Editing! Happy reading!
****

We had a smooth flight over. The private plane landing at JFK. I have mixed feelings about New York. Full of life and culture, and the other hand it is loud and obnoxious. The traffic in Manhattan literally brings out the worst in you. I have sworn at least 20 times in the past 10 minutes. The bumper to bumper traffic literally makes you want to walk in the sweltering summer heat as it would be less painful. However, that is not the cause of my current mood, pissed!

We had just gotten into the airport to get our bags. Everything going pretty normal until we ran into a snobbish socialite. Once she had laid her eyes on Chace it was like everything else in the world disappeared. She started to talk to him which is fine but then her hands. They decided to take a journey up his arm and down his chest. Next thing you know she gave him her number.

What was Chace doing? He looked annoyed and he tried his best to remove her hand from him but it was a struggle. She leant in to kiss his cheek and that's where I drew the line, pulling her away from getting any closer. She looked at me for the first time since she walked up to us and gave me her iciest glare. Unfazed I returned it to her. I can't believe her, I mean he is really hot and I'm pretty sure he is well known considering she addrssed him by his name but still. Sometimes I question where the hell did female self respect go? You shouldn't throw yourself at a guy, it is not cute and it does not say much about you. If you like someone, there are better ways to handle such situations.

I had to calm myself before I addressed. "Listen. I'm pretty sure by now you realize that you look good and could easily get any man you please. But this one is off limits." I said pointing to Chace, "Call me if you want a fun time, only insinuates that you're an easy fuck. If you think sleeping with someone will ultimately get you in on being a girlfriend or earn you something serious, think again. Lastly, if you put your hands on my fiancé again, you will need cosmetic surgery." I said so calmly but her reaction was priceless. "Have a nice day!" I waved her good bye, hopefully forever.

Chace swooped down to kiss my temples whispering in my ears, "that was so hot." Of course that's what he registered from everything going down. Even though I had said my piece, it bothered me how easily women walked up to him and threw themselves at him. I won't be around him all the time and these women can be relentless. As we are stuck in traffic my mind just keep replaying the scene. She did not notice me at all, as I stood next to him. I must admire their tunnel vision; they are capable of seeing what they want and simply going for it. If only they could use that level of focus to do something useful.

I feel Chace's hand wrap around my shoulders. Pulling me closer to his body as we sat in the back of the car. My head found its way to his chest and I listen to his steady heartbeat, so calming. "I love you Lexi." I move up so I could face him.

"I love you too Chace." A soft kiss on my lips I moved back to my previous position. If the traffic continues like this we should be at the hotel by 3. It is currently 2:15. "Where are we having lunch?"

"Thinking maybe at the hotel, during the meeting?"

"Sounds good. You went to Harvard right? Or was it Columbia?" I thought I might learn more about his educational past while stuck in traffic.

"Well kind of both. I took classes at Columbia through an extension program during my senior and junior year. Then I got accepted in Harvard through early admissions of my senior year." He is pretty smart.

"How many degree?"

"I have a Bachelors in Finance and one in Physics. I also have Master's in both." Cross out pretty smart, he is brilliant.