Chapter 3

Headed downstairs, Dad was gone as usual. He's the rock supporter that keeps us where we're at. I mean, Mom does work too, but not as much as Dad. I don't see him in the mornings, I don't see him at night either. I wish I can do something to help him as to not having to work so hard. But when I do get to see him, he spends all the time with me. He helps me in every way possible. I love him with all my heart, but just seeing that he barely gets enough sleep keeps me heartbroken. 

          I know that I said I didn't want to be princess, but it seems like I want to, for the sake of my dad. But my happiest moments are with him, and without that, I wouldn't know who I am. He motivates me in more than one ways, and it's like he's there within my heart, guiding me throughout life as I'm growing. Out of the entire year, I only get to see him a span of days throughout the year that only equals to a month. But I can't compare myself to people that are below our class. It's scary as to see the people of all ages working like that. I would know that myself.

          My best friend, Paris, is two classes lower than me, which means her family gets a small income from working, but also has to work even more before they become slaves. But either way, the upper classes even force them to do their labor. It's annoying, but I guess that's something called life. Paris and I have such a close relationship, to the point that our families know each other. Because of this, I help out Paris's family, bringing food, helping at their work or at home. Paris's dad says that it's not necessary, and I shouldn't be here anyways, but that's never going to stop me. I want to make people happy, like how Dad does that to me and Mom.