VII

"Snow? When did it-" Yuuri blinks in confusion, letting the curtain fall back over the window as he falls back in bed. His hand reaches for his phone, the screen showing the sad truth.

A weather warning flashes across the home screen. Among many, many notifications from multiple social media sights. He just turned his phone off again and sighs.

Snow... it usually didn't know this late in the year...

Yuuri loved when it did. It was so pretty, snow. Laying over everything so gently. Like it belonged there every second of every day, and it did. With snow came another world. A world in which everything was softly somehow...

With a sigh brown eyes scan the room around him, the Dark grey surroundings not standing out against anything. He had been in his room nonstop for who knows how long... a few days at least.

And all because of that video.

Why? Was it just his luck that someone recorded it? Yuuko sure did apologize enough for it, her... kids?... were the culprits.

Now it was everywhere. Every social media site Yuuri owned was being blown up by people all around the world. Most yelling at Yuuri for copying their prince while some stood with him, saying his talent was above all else.

The look on his families face when they found out... the looks everyone in the communitee has been giving him... it was terrible. To them he was a copy cat...

They weren't exactly wrong. He had performed the exact show Viktor had, but... he had never intended on it being taken the way it had.

Yuuri wasn't copying Viktor for fame... he was copying Viktor to pick himself back up. He had just... made the mistake of getting it put on the internet.

The small male sighs, letting his head fall to the bed. He grabs his glasses and slips them on, sliding out of bed and standing for the first time in hours. As he stood... the more he thought about everything... all Yuuri wanted to do was to skate.

And that was exactly what he was going to go do.

He grabs a change of clothes and quickly showers, running through his morning routine before heading downstairs. Almost instantly his family caught sight of him.

"Yuuri! Oh, it's so good to see you again!" His mother smiles up at him, to which he offers an awkward wave.

"Yeah... thanks Mom. I'm going to... go..." He mutters awkwardly, like a teenager would. His head falls, allowing his gaze to glue to the floor and stay there.

"Oh well... okay. Don't stay out too late, and don't stay out in the cold too long either! We don't want you catching a cold!" She says worriedly as her son walks towards the door. Yuuri turns to her and flashes a smile.

"I'll be okay, I promise." He says softly, knowing everyone was worried about him. He didn't blame them, at this point he worried himself as well.

"Oh... well okay then sweetie. Dinner should be ready around six, so if you want a pork cutlet bowl you better be home for it!" She says with a smile, earning a small laugh from Yuuri.

"Yeah Mom, I'll be back for dinner." Yuuri smiles, suddenly feeling like a teenager again and not really caring. For a moment he stays still, halfway from the door to the kitchen, a sudden urge to hug his mother filling him.

He shouldn't be acting as distant as he is. Yuuri knows this, and he has kept this in mind for the past few days. However... it was hard to be close to someone you had grown so far from. This home was just not as homey as it used to be, at least, not to him.