Chapter 27 Forgive and Forget

Start from the beginning

"So he marked you?" he asked. But it wasn't a question, it was more like a statement.

"I'm guessing things got better between the two of you" he continued.

"That's where your wrong. I'm moving to Florida" after hearing my words he stood up abruptly from the couch.

"What!?" he yelled a tone of confusion laced around his words.

"You can't move to Florida, we need you here, what will me and Alexis do without you?" he pulled me into a hug and the scent of another female overpowered my senses.

He's clearly been spending a lot of time with her.

"I smell a girl on you" I said.

He pulled away a deep red colour had lightly tinted his cheeks. Was he blushing?

"That's another thing I wanted to tell you about" he paused only creating more tension.

"I found my mate" A smile etched on to my face as I heard the words escape his mouth. I was so happy for him! Words couldn't even describe.

He deserved someone who would love him unconditionally, not someone like me. I was forcing myself to love him, but I felt nothing more than friendship for him.

"I'm so happy for you" I squealed pulling him into a bone crushing hug.

"Her names Andrea" he said.

He smiled at her name going into la la land.

I'm glad me and Drake didn't become a couple because he would have probably left me for Andrea which is totally understandable.

He grabbed my shoulders and sat me back down on the seat, this time sitting beside me instead of across.

"Do you remember the first time we met?" he asked laughing.

"Yeah" I muttered not understanding why he was bringing this up.

"You didn't really have any friends because all the pups were scared to play with you because of your dad" he laughed at the thought and so did I.

"Then me and Alexis came along. We didn't know you were the alphas daughter" he paused looking at the floor then grabbing my hands.

"So we got into a big fight, remember when Alexis threw ice cream on you because you wouldn't give the swing?" I nodded. I still didn't understand where he was going with this, but still laughed at the memories and enjoyed mine and Drakes heart to heart.

"Even as a kid the first time I saw you, I had a massive crush on you. You were beautiful. You still are." I laughed at his bizarre compliment.

"When I turned 16 I had actually thought you were my mate. But you never returned the feelings so I realized you weren't. When ever I was near you I just- I just couldn't help but stare at you. All I ever wanted to do was love you.

Then you had your first heart break, because Alex forced you to date this guy, you ended up liking him then he cheated on you" he gave of a humorless laugh.

"All guys just adore cheating on me" I laughed a long but there was no hint of humor.

"You can say that again" he stood up from the sofa, pacing around the room.

"My point is we've been together for longer than any of us can remember. Just cause your having a hard patch in your life doesn't mean you have to move town because me an Alexis will always be there for you" he turned around facing me.

"Lana I also want to apologies" he said softly, it was a murmur and if it wasn't for my heightened wolf hearing, I probably wouldn't have heard him.

"What for?" I asked looking at him curiously.

He cleared his throat stepping towards me.

"I had promised you things that I now know I wouldn't be able to give. I had said that you shouldn't go back to Trent, you should come to me that I would be your mate. I know now what it's like to have a mate. I can't be away from Andrea for longer than an hour, because my wolf starts to feel uneasy"

"Whipped" I said through a cough making him laugh.

"I am not whipped" He exclaimed roughing my hair up.

"What is it with everyone and my hair today!" I yelled swatting his hand away. He laughed in response to my scowl which slowly etched into a smile.

"So do you forgive me?" he asked creasing his eyes together, which showed a few wrinkles which would become prominent in his old age.

"What the heck give me a hug" I yelled pulling him into a hug. When he hugged me back pain rippled through my stomach, I squealed so he quickly pulled away.

"What about Florida?" he asked me sincerely.

"Drake I want to start a fresh, and if that means going to Florida then so be it" I said softly trying to make him understand my opinion.

"I respect all of your decisions and if that's what you want I will back you up 100%" I grinned at his statement.

"But" he paused

"There's always a but" I murmured slapping his upper arm playfully.

"On 2 conditions. My first condition is you have to come by every so often to meet me" he said and I nodded.

"Fine that condition I agree with" I said smiling at him and leaning against the arm rest.

"My second condition is I want you and Alex to sort things out" my body noticeably stiffened at his words. I was still hurt by what Alexis had done and she didn't even try to approach me to talk things out.

"Look I know you don't want to, but I don't think you should leave on bad terms with Alexis, because at the end of the day whatever she did she thought she was doing for you're benefit. She didn't think it would hurt you" he looked at me hopefully.

"I will take that into consideration but I'm not making any promises" I said giving a stern look.

"Jason said you'll be leaving for Florida in 4 days, so I was wondering if I could bring Andrea to see you?" he asked skeptically, it seemed as though my opinion of Andrea actually mattered to Drake.

"Sure, you don't even have to ask" I said giving him a light nod.

"I will bring her over tomorrow" Drake said switching on the TV and putting on an old episode of friends.

Me and Drake spent a lot more time together until he said he had to leave because Andrea was worried about him.

I obviously took that opportunity to murmur a snide remark about how he was so whipped.

He got agitated saying that it's not possible for him to get whipped, because no one controlled him and
la la la.......

The only thing I was excited about was meeting Andrea tomorrow.

☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯ ☯

Updated

Hope u guys enjoyed
There should be more regular updates and I can feel the story slowly coming to a close

But do not fret there's still about 5 to 6 chapters left.......

Anyway you know the drill

Vote
Comment
Fan

Bye cookie monsters

-a.k