CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Start from the beginning

Soon enough, Levi told me that we were not leaving, but he handed me a small pistol before telling me. I wanted to tell him that I didn't need one, but he just walked away before I could say a word. Sighing, I followed him outside to see Ben on his phone as he leaned against his car.

When Ben saw me with the pistol, I knew he was going to laugh since he was doing a bad job hiding it. I rolled my eyes when he finally let it out. I could see him whipping the tears from his eyes.

"You done?" Levi questioned.

He nodded, and his laughter started to sober up. He unlocked the door and I went inside after slapping him on the chest. Thankfully, Levi sat in the driver's seat while Ben sat beside him. I had the whole back row to myself.

"What happened when you and Ace tried to escape?" I asked Levi as he started the engine.

He explained how one of the tires were shot, and that they tried to catch the person responsible for it. Levi had gotten lost in the woods, and tried to find Ace, but with his luck, he didn't find him. He mentioned that he saw what looked like a grave before more bullets were fired. He followed the sounds and saw someone stabbing a syringe into Ace's neck.

He wanted to help, but he wouldn't be able to fight off seven men, each armed with guns alone. He called Ben, and was lucky that I was asleep when he asked him to pick him up.

"So, how does this help?" I asked gesturing to me and Ben. "How are we going to go up abasing seven scary men with guns?"

He chuckled. "Did you really think it's just us?"

No.

For the rest of the time being, I talked with Ben since Levi wanted to remain silent. We talk about random things like friends do, but because this was Ben, they were very weird topics. Some of them were funny while most were just gross. But this is Ben we're talking about.

We don't know what's going on in that mind of his.

When we finally arrived, I noticed that Levi drove into the woods and hid the car behind a few thick trees. When I got out, I saw another car surrounded by unfamiliar faces. I stayed close to Ben, clutching the pistol tightly in my hand as I hid it behind me.

"Don't worry, Mia. They're friends," Ben assured before giving me a small smile. "They won't even think about hurting you."

"And why is that?"

"You'll know soon."

Fortunately, Ben didn't complain when I stayed near him as we walked to his so-called 'friends.' There were exactly ten of them with all sorts of tattoos inked into their skin and emotionless expressions painted on their faces. Each one was fairly tall with a fell fit body, and there was this one guy who had piercings all over his face, making him look funny yet intimidating at the same time.

They were all chatting amongst themselves, Ben and I go unnoticed until Levi decided to speak. His words were dull when he spoke because all eyes were soon on me. I kept my head down, my eyes trained on my shoes like my life depended on it. I could feel their eyes on me the entire time Levi spoke. I don't even know if anyone was listening to him.

"Got it?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Levi's harsh tone of voice.

I hesitantly looked at and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I saw that they were no longer looking at me.