Chapter 19 - D'usse

Começar do início

I knew there were eyes on us. Eyes for days. Eyes everywhere. Eyes in the form of camera lenses. Paparazzi we couldn't see. People from magazines, Journalists, talk show hosts, radio DJs, public figures. It was always too much to deal with at events like these. Sometimes I felt a little overwhelmed but remembering how hard I've worked to get here always helped. Flex's huge smile and big laughter was also a distracting plus. I felt like the crew hasn't been together like this in ages. There is a nostalgic feeling in my stomach, or maybe it's the liquor. 

I took a moment to take in the entire thing and as my eyes scanned my booth, I realized that not everyone here directly knew each other. 

"Oh, Emil this is Chanel. Forgot you've never met." I said pressing my lips into a hard line. 

Chanel watches my face but shows no emotions or tension on her own. Instead she genuinely smiles. 

"Nice to meet you, Emil. Thank you for being loyal enough to stay by his side, given the hell I'm sure he's been putting you through." 

Emil smiled. "Nice to finally meet you too. I didn't get to apologize-"

"Don't." She dismisses. "Shot?" She asks. 

"Yea! Shots for everybody. A real nigga is sober as shit right now!" Flex jokes. "Can't be sober at these things, they drive you crazy!" 

"Deadass." I say to Flex. 

Everyone has a shot poured and we hold our glasses up. 

"To continual success and advancements!" Flex begins. "And to stuntin on these niggas with another Grammy nomination!" He concludes. 

"Ayyyy! That's right!" The table chimes. We all threw back the shot. Some easier than others. Chanel struggled to swallow and I discretely handed her a lime. She bit into it and shook her head quickly. I laugh. 

"I can order you your martini." I whispered. 

"Eckkk. Yea please...that was disgusting." She nodded. I chuckled and signaled to the bottle girl but someone's eyes caught mine first. Someone I never wanted to see again. Someone who shared the same home I planned to livein. Someone who decided to brag to me about it, regardless of if I pulled it out of him or not. He stood by the bar, the top of his hair braided and the sides shaved. His posture lax and arrogant in his all white outfit. Fitted pants, white shoes and a white name brand shirt. He had a sly grin on his face as soon as my gaze caught his. He winked something proud. I could feel the heat rising to my face. 

"Yo who this pussy lil boy think he winking at?" I say to Emil. 

"Who you talkin bout?" Emil asks. 

Chanel and Trisha were in their own conversation, as Flex and D'tello discuss something to do with mixing business with pleasure. I motioned to the bar where Bizzy still remained. He began speaking to some girl on his arm but his eyes were stationed in our booth and for a moment, it didn't look like he was looking at me. I look at Chanel next to me and she flashes me a smile then returns her attention to Trisha, laughing at something she said. Bizzy was looking at her. And he wasn't just looking, he was gazing in awe. The balls on this nigga was something to admire because every bone in me reverted back to Brownsville and I suddenly wanted to see blood dripping from his nose and mouth. So much so that my fists were heated as if I already swung.