Chapter 1

McCree's POV:

"Alright, you've got a new classmate coming in this semester." Reyes said. "He's a transfer from Japan, so I want you all to make him feel comfortable here."

"I am Shimada Genji. It is nice to meet you." 

As if his bright green hair (which he rocked) and friendly smile weren't enough to make him stand out, I can't seem to shake the feeling that I've heard that name somewhere before... Shimada. Oh well. Whatever it is, it probably ain't important.

"McCree! You're in charge of showing him around. Just.. don't do anything you would do." He said with an exasperated tone.

"Now, Reyes. Ya know I can't promise anythin' like that. I'm a lot of things but I ain't no liar." I grinned at him and Reyes rolled his eyes before looking back at Genji.

"He's an idiot, but he's relatively harmless. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask." Genji smiled, nodded and made his way over to the seat next to me.

"Nice to meet ya Genji, the names McCree."

I put out my hand in greeting and he looked at it a second, hesitating the way most people do when they see someone with an arm made of metal.

"Don't worry, like me, its relatively harmless." I winked and he smiled back at me, shaking the hand.

"It is nice to meet you, McCree."       

                 *        *          *

"Aand these're the dorms. Do ya need any help findin' your room?"

"No, I think I can manage."

"Alright then. Hey, are ya doin' anythin' later?"

"I was just planning on having dinner with my brother."

"Oh, you've got a brother? Alright, well do y'all wanna meet up later? Dinner's on me." Genji smiled.

"I will try to convince Hanzo to actually interact with people. But other than that, it sounds like fun."

"Great! Meet me here at five?"

"Sounds good." He smiled.

We went our separate ways at the stairs and at five, Genji came alone.

"I am sorry. Hanzo chose to unpack instead."

Damn. I was kinda curious about what this guy's brother would be like.

"Oh well, I'm sure I'll run into him eventually."

"Yes. I will be sure that you do."

"Well, there's no use in hangin' around here all night. I'm gonna  show you my favorite spot."

My favorite pub is a nice little Western themed one just off the campus grounds. They play music (occasionally I'll play a song or two.) and they're just about the most accepting folks I ever did meet.

"Genji, welcome to The Wild West!"

"Hey, if it isn't McCree! Where you been, boy? Who's your friend?"

I grinned at the old man and clapped Genji on the back.

"Angus, this is my friend Genji. Genji, this is the owner of the pub, Angus McDonald."

Genji did a little bow in his direction.

"It is nice to meet you."

"Haha!" Angus laughed. "What's with the formality? We're all friends here! Hey, why don't I get you kids a drink. On the house!"