Chapter 7: "Anywhere, but Here"

As I slept, it felt like I was in heaven. But then I remembered something Eliza told me last time, "I hate you and I never want to see you ever again!". It had opened an old wound of mine, because it is the same thing that my last girlfriend said to me. I tried to forget it and went back to sleep.

          Suddenly, I woke up to the sound of screaming and got hit in the chin by Eliza's head. She was having a nightmare. she tosses and turned and her arms and whole body was out of control and she was pushing me away. Her scream sounded like as if from a horror movie whenever a girl screams and is being chased by a monster or psycho killer. I got up quickly and pinned her down. She was crying and screaming for her dear life as she was sleeping and struggling against my strength, but she was no match for me. Her tears were dripping down and she was trying to release herself. It pains me to see her like this. "Eliza!" I yelled. "Eliza! WAKE UP!" I yelled.

          Eliza finally woke up and she calmed down a great deal. The poor girl breathed in and out and each one of her breath flew into my face as her warm breath soothed me. I finally released her and I sat her up, then something caught my eye. Eliza has scars on her arms, cuts in this case. I'd not talk about that right now.

She was sobbing and looked at me for help.

"It's ok Eliza." I assured her. "Your alright now. I'm here for you." She then started crying and hugged me tight and hard as she placed her head on my shoulder. "It's alright... I'm here. There is nothing to fear anymore." I said once more.

         She tried to calm herself and said, "Tim... I had a horrible nightmare." she cried. "I was so scared. You wern't there with me Tim. I was so scared. I tried to run away from these people, but they kept catching up to me... th-then they caught me. I tried to make them release me, but they wouldn't let go. You wern't there Tim." I felt her warm tears soaking through my shirt and I stroked her pitch black midnight hair and her gentle soft pale back. Then she looked up to me and said, "Tim, this might be too much to ask, but... can you be my protector please?"

My heart flew way up into the sky and tried to contain my smile. But I kept my cool and continued listening.

"I don't want to be much of a bother for you," she continued. "but I just want all of my nightmares to end... and you were like the first one who ever protected and help me out of these nightmares. Can you please protect me? Can you please be my protector?"

Thoughts started flashing into my mind and I knew that she needed my help. She needs love. She needs a loving family. She needs me... "Eliza. I promise that I will protect you. I shall be your protector and I promise not to fail ya. Because I shall be your Guardian." I stroked her hair and looked into her eyes.

She smiled at me and cuddled her head on my chest and hugged tight with her thin pale scarred arms. "Thank you, Tim. For everything." she said.

.

          We couldn't sleep anymore, so we talked and talked about each other. "So... Tim, why do you have such a deep voice for your age?" she giggled.

I scoffed at her as I smiled. "Hey, it ain't my fault. God made me this way Eliza... come on." I chuckled as she laughed.

"Well your voice is deep and really calm... I like it." she smiled.

I smiled and wanted to say something back, so I said something without thinking. "Ya know, your laugh is real beautiful. Reminds me of an angel." I did my half smile.

She looked away as she blushed. Eliza stroked her dark hair a few times, then quietly said, "Thank you."

Then I try to think of something quick to say, "So... have you ever watched James Cameron's, 'Titanic'?" I asked