I'm Happy If You're Happy With Yourself (Chapter 2)

Chapter 2

Sound check couldn't have gone any slower.

Alex kept messing up which prompted witty insults from Jack who clearly was not getting the hint that he was pissed off. "Can you seriously just fuck off?" Alex yelled as he tried desperately to remember the chords of Damned If I Do Ya. "Fuck!" He cursed under his breath as he hit the wrong note again.

Jack didn't seemed phased by Alex's bad mood, instead he went over to Evan and started talking about a football game that they had watched last night.

Matt climbed up onto the stage and walked over to Alex, "You need to pull yourself together, it's a sold out show tonight and we can't afford for you to mess up. Jesus christ! I expect this sort of shit from Jack, not you!"

Alex rolled his eyes, "So I'm not allowed to fuck up now? You have no right to tell me how to do my job! If you're so perfect, Matt, why don't you take my place? I'm sure All Time Low would be a much better band without me fucking everything up!" He stormed out of the room, leaving Matt in shock.

Alex rarely yelled or started arguments with the crew. But Matt had really pissed him off, can't they see that he's not in a very good place at the moment?

The only thing he really wanted now was someone he could talk to without the fear of them making some sort of stupid comment afterwards. He was sick of sleeping by himself in a cold bunk every night and coming off stage only to sit by himself while the others played stupid pranks on each other! He just wanted someone to cuddle up to in the night, to protect him from the terrible nightmares he was having. He wanted to be able to come off stage and fall into the warm embrace of someone who would truly be there for him no matter what. But he was alone.

The glamourous lifestyle of a rockstar wasn't all it had cracked up to be. He felt like shit and just wanted to lie down and never wake up.

He went back to the bus and sat in the back lounge for an hour while the others finished up with sound check. For the first time in as long as he could remember, Alex cried.

Alex Gaskarth; the man looked up to by thousands of kids all around the world sat down and cried until no more tears would form.

He decided to go and clean himself up before the others came back and started mocking him for crying.

As the cold water splashed against his face, Alex heard a faint knock on the bathroom door. "What?" He grunted, grabbing for a towel.

"Dude, I'm really sorry about before." It was Jack, come to apologise for being a dick this morning. Alex opened the bathroom door to find Jack standing there sheepishly. Jack had never been good at apologies and always seemed really nervous when giving them.

"It's OK, man," Alex said as he stepped closer to Jack, "I'm just not in the best of moods."

"I can see that!" Jack scoffed as they both made their way to the kitchenette. Zack was sat at their small table dunking chips into god knows how much ketchup.

"How the fuck can you eat that?" Jack asked as they approached.

"Easy" Zack replied, "Like this" he said as he stuffed another portion into his mouth.

Alex gagged as Zack swallowed the red mess. He really was not feeling well.

"Meet and Greet time guys!" Matt boomed as he entered the room. "Hey Alex, have you calmed down now?"

'I swear, I'm going to knock someone out before tonight is over' Alex thought to himself as he was ushered out of the tour bus and towards the venue.