Chapter 5.5

• Present Day •

Akashi came quite a few hours later, putting aside enough time for an exclusive trip to Tokyo.

He could see his former teammates from the cemetery entrance, their bright hair colours gave life to the dull grey tombstones.

"Oi, what are you doing?! Watch the graves dumbass!"

Akashi sighed as he saw Kise nearly trip over one of the plots.

"Sorry!" The blond exclaimed automatically causing Midorima to scowl.

"Apologising to a gravestone, how stupid." He muttered and pushed up his glasses.

"Mean~ It was an accident!"

"Really now Ryouta?" The red haired captain approached the model from behind.

In response, Kise let out a loud yelp and scrambled towards the blue haired ace, "I-It's a ghost!"

"Ghost? You'll be living with them quite soon if you don't be quiet, Ryouta." Akashi's scissors flashed red in the dim light, a sinister smile spread across his face.

"You're on your own." Aomone didn't hesitate to push the blond off him.

"E-Ehh?!" He gave off a depressive aura after being abandoned, "A-Ah, hello Akashi-cchi..." The model was sweating already.

Akashi put away his weapon and instead knelt to set down his own gift beside the others.

"I won't kill you today, Ryouta." He remarked and watched in amusement as the blond started crying tears of relief.

"Ne~ Aka-chin, do you have any snacks~?" Murasakibara had shown very little interest and had long run out of food to eat. He had sat at the base of the tree sulking.

Their former captain stood up and raised an eyebrow, "No, you should control your eating habits Atsushi."

The giant shifted and nodded, "Muro-chin's already confiscating my snacks~" He mumbled dejectedly.

"That American returnee?" Aomine asked loudly.

"He's Kagami-cchi's brother isn't he!"

"Idiot, they're not related by blood." The green haired shooter corrected his former teammate harshly.

Akashi watched as they began to bicker about pointless things. He briefly wondered why they were still here, it was already quite late, and dark.

No wonder Ryouta was afraid.

He chuckled, "I assume we're waiting for Tetsuya?" His rich voice silenced his former teammates.

"Yeah, he hasn't come around at all." Aomine grumbled after a while.

"Aka-chin?"

The red head turned his head to Murasakibara, "Yes Atsushi?"

"Akashi-cchi only says my name in that creepy voice..." The blond started drawing on the ground, depressed at the shameless bullying.

"What's that~?" The giant lifted his arm sluggishly and pointed at the shape on top of Kirana's grave. He was pointing at the present Akashi had just put down.

"Chess."

They all took another look.

Sure enough it was a chessboard, wooden, and probably handmade but extremely expensive and made from the finest material and all that. It was Akashi's gift. But the odd thing was, the pieces were already set up, ready to play.

"How does it stick?" Kise questioned, but didn't dare to touch it. He had seen his former captain put it down, and Akashi hadn't arranged the pieces or anything.

"Magnets?" Midorima also took an interest and craned his neck.

"Correct."

"Rich people." The blue haired ace muttered, receiving an icy look from Akashi.

Even now the red head found it somewhat amusing watching his former teammates freeze up when they assumed they offended him in some way. Of course he wouldn't physically harm them, he might double or quadruple their already bone-breaking training menus and make them run laps until they dropped dead, but never physical harm.

"Such a shame," Akashi looked down at the grave, his voice was quiet. The red haired captain slowly sat himself down on the dirt and grass ground, surprising the others.

He would never do something in public, but Akashi trusted them.

"I would've liked to play another game, Sayumi."