"Oh, excuse me. Sorry about not wanting any of my body parts cut." I looked at Jorge. "You can cut off his genitalia if you still want us to be even." Jorge's lip twitched for a moment.

Brenda's gaze landed on Thomas. She walked towards him until she was right in front of him. She was so close it looked like she was going to kiss him. "You the leader?" She asked.

Thomas shook his head. "No - it's the guy you almost nipped with your knife."

Brenda looked at Minho before looking back at Thomas. She grinned. "Well, that's stupid. I know I'm on the verge of crazy, but I would have picked you. You seem like the leader type."

I gave Thomas a look as I see his cheeks tinted pink. "Um, thanks. I, uh, would've picked you, too instead of Jorge over there."

I leaned towards Newt. "I'd rather pick Jorge."

Brenda leaned over and kissed Thomas on his cheek. I wanted to gag. "You're sweet. I really hope we don't end up killing you, at least."

Thomas gave a nervous chuckle, but stopped when I gave him a look. "I really hope Dan doesn't kill you. Kind of like how she wants to kill me by now."

Jorge rolled his eye before going towards the broken doors that lead to the outside. "Enough of this lovefest. Brenda, we have a lot to talk about once we get the stash. Come on, let's go."

I clenched my fist when Brenda looked at Thomas again. "I like you," She told him before following Jorge out.

Thomas kept staring at her. I rolled my eyes before I grabbed the back of his collar and dragged him with me. I felt him struggling, hell he might have asked Newt for help. Gee, for someone looking for Teresa, you sure didn't have a hard time flirting with some new chick.

》》》》

Brenda lead us through the city. I had to shield my eyes as the sun beamed down. She led us to the back of some building before running down the steps. Newt grabbed my hand and pulled me with him when he saw I wasn't following. I don't like this one bit.

Brenda stopped in front of one of the doors. The only light that was being given was the one light bulb in the middle of the crowded room. We're not all going to fit in here.

"You guys could line up along the wall. I'll bring you guys the food," Brenda said.

I scoffed. "What, so you can poison us?" I shook my head. "I'll help."

"She's not going to do anything, chica," Jorge protested.

"Well, I don't care. I'm helping."

Jorge just shrugged his shoulders before going towards one of the walls. A few Gladers looked at me before following him. The only one who didn't was Thomas, smart move on his part.

I went towards one of the boxes and opened it up. A small smile came to my face when I see it full of cans. From beans, to sausages, to soup. I picked one up before setting it to the side.

"Some of them are in Spanish," Brenda started as she rummaged through a crate.

"Really, I thought it was Russian," I stated sarcastically. "Now if I want to brush up on my Spanish, I could read these cans or hang around Jorge to get a few words."

Brenda kept placing boxes on top of boxes. "You don't like me, do you?"

"And what would give you that idea?"

She ignored me. "So...is Thomas your boyfriend or something?"

I gave her a look before I busted out laughing. Is she serious? She must be when she gave me a confused look. "No, Thomas isn't my boyfriend." I wiped a fake tear from my eye. "Boy I needed that. Thanks, Brenda."

Subject A3: The Carrier 》Scorch Trials (TMR)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara