Can you Hear Me? (T.H.) p2

1st Person POV

For over a week now I have been trapped in my thoughts. My hands have begun cramping; I have not spoken with my hands in such a long time. And if Viola stopped babying me and holding my hands—wait, no, I need her to hold my hands I cause I don't hear something she does.

Todd caught back up with us, again, with Manchee hot on his heels. THAT DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. Todd repeated in his head, over and over again. I swear, he just can't shut up sometimes.

Viola and I trailed behind Todd into an open grassy area. He said something out loud, but I was too focused on the dog who kept yelling out POO so I couldn't catch what he said. But he called his dog, and they went off a little ways in the forest. Todd left, and something screamed PISS and WEIRD and REST.

He went to use the bathroom, so stay here unless you need to go too. Otherwise, I'll be right back. Viola sat me down in the grass, facing away from the way Todd left. Keep me innocent my ass. So here I am, sitting alone in the middle of the forest while the only two people who are keeping me safe are peeing by a tree.

"Hey, I'm bak," Todd says, but I don't hear anything, of course. He sighs and so does his Noise, that's when I hear him. I jump up from my spot on the floor, landing hardly on the floor. He frightened me okay! "Girl, lady, what is yer name! Sorry!"

SORRY repeats in his head. Well, at least I know he apologized. Todd's mouth moved pretty fast after that, I couldn't catch a word he said.

It's okay. I wave in front of him, hoping he's getting the message, probably not though. Todd's head tilted in confusion the more I repeated "It's okay" with my hands. After I have done my hand motions so many times in front of him, Todd is now trying to copy. I broke out into a smile, he is so dorky.

The next thing I know, Viola is running at Todd at full speed, knocking him over once again. I rushed up to my feet, pulling Viola away from Todd so she would stop hurting him.

Did he hurt you? Viola moved her hands rapidly, anger still boiled inside of her body.

I put my hands on either side of her shoulders, hoping it would calm her down a bit. He just scared me, that's all.

Viola continued staring at Todd, who helplessly lays on the ground. She pulled her rug sack around from her back, pulling out her fire in a box from Bradly. Stupid Bradly.

A while later, Viola and I sat next to each by the fire. She continued working on my hearing aids, hoping she would get them done anytime now. Todd sat on the complete other side of the fire Viola started, laying on his backpack while petting Manchee.

WHY IS SHE SO CUTE, MANCHEE? His head yelled, and I mean yelled. It couldn't be any louder. Every so often I would glance at Todd, he would look away from me with a pink face, or maybe it was the fire. Either way, he probably didn't want to be caught staring at Viola, well boo hoo, I've already caught him.

Out of nowhere, my sister jumped excitedly off of the ground. It scared me, but mostly Todd. Viola kneeled on the ground in front of me, dropping the hearing aids by my knees. I fixed it, I fixed the hearing aids! She moved her hands in a little more excitement than usual, freaking me out a bit.

Then put them on, put them on! I told her in a more calmly manner. Viola nodded her head, picking up the pair of hearing aids off the ground.