Realization

Woo hoo! I'm so happy that I have time to write! Im sorry to those of you who cried for Thena... Things will look up. Thank you all for staying with me through my story.

Warric

“Can the girl about to get her head lopped off for you have a goodbye kiss?” I can see she is trying to make light of the situation. My heart feels broken. I gently cup her face in my hands as she tries to lean up on her toes to kiss me. And man was it a kiss.

A bolt of what felt like electricity fills my body and every nerve is alive and responding. I open my eyes and look into the green gems shining before me for the first time.

MATE!!

That is the first thing that crossed my mind and I am filled with joy. Then I remember what is going on around me. Why she kissed me when I’ve been nothing but mean to her face. Ill never admit the few times I have cared for her. Like when I carried her upstairs to her room. I couldn't stand the thought of her sleeping on anything but a nice warm bed. I wanted it to be my bed but thought better. So I sadly left her in her room and listened to her toss and turn the rest of the night.

I can’t believe that she said she would take my place. My wolf is freaking out inside of me and enforcers are trying to drag me away. I can feel my eyes burn and know that I have tears swimming in my eyes. Something an alpha cannot do.

Now i know why I’ve always been torn about her. She is mine. My mate.

This little human is made for just me and is going to take my place at the chopping block. This can’t happen. I know why I had to stay close to her. Why I needed her. I can’t let her die. I remember all the days she spent at my house. Taking care of my family, cooking and cleaning. I wasted to much time fighting against her. How could I have been so stupid to not realize that she was meant to be there. That is why all the guys took to her so easily. Why they all jumped through hoops and bent over backwards to please her.

She was a strong Alpha female and I didn’t even realize it. She unknowingly stepped into a role that was made for her. Strong, fierce, intelligent, kind... She was the perfect mate. Then I remember what i said and how I acted. She is different now because of me.

I drove her away. Kicked her out and was ready to be done with a scrawny annoying human. I was wrong, and now shes miserable because of me. My heart felt like it was being torn from my chest and pounded on with a meat tenderizer.

She looks so fragile and lost. Her beautiful face still has the tear tracks down her cheeks that are drying in the breeze. She cried for me, and is doing the most selfless thing for me. Bright green eyes look to me calmly and a small smile is on her lips. She has accepted that she is going to die and doesn’t regret her decision.

I start to struggle against the enforcers and more come to hold me back. I can hardly feel my beaten body. My ribs burn but I ignore it all as I look to Alpha Radford with a sneer on my face.

“Rogue! How awfully nice of this sweet, innocent, hard working girl to take your place.” Radford said to me with a cheery smile on his face. I just growled at him. “Why don’t you stay and watch how nicely this blade slices her pretty little head off.”

I went ballistic. My wolf was struggling to come out but I couldn’t shift. “Don’t touch her!” I was loosing my mind.

“OH don’t touch her?” I didn’t like the look in his eyes. There were too many things being said through his eyes and I didn’t like where this was going.

I was trying to get away from the many hands holding me back when I seen him reach for her.

Radford grabbed Athena by the hips and pulled her closer. Once her body was against his, before the shock wore off he cupped the back of her head and tilted it to him. As soon as his lips crashed against Athena’s I felt complete fury.

I wanted his blood. I wanted to rip his throat out and watch his life fade away.

****************************

Sorry its been so long. I hope you enjoy the little bit i had. Ive been this far for like a month and haven't had time to add any more. And wasn't happy with anything I added to it. Hope it is a good chapter. Love you all so much my little watty family.