Part 1

Reagan's POV

The cool breeze blows my hair back as I stare out over my pack. This is one of my favorite places; the balcony outside of my window. From here, I can see everything going on in the vast lawn outside the pack house. Children playing, warriors training... there are few things more important to me than watching over my pack. 

"Alpha?" I turn my head immediately at the voice of my beta, Liam. 

"Yes?" I ask, my eyes trained on his.

"The Alpha of the Blue Moon pack will be arriving in about an hour."

I nod. I almost forgot that the two packs were meeting tonight in order to search for mates. There were many unmated males in each pack, and everyone was anxious to find their other half. It is assumed that the female mate will join her other half in his pack. I will be sad to see my pack members go, should they find their mate in the Blue Moons...

"Thank you for letting me know. I'll be down to greet them," I say. With that, Liam nods and leaves the room. 

A while later, I feel my wolf starting to stir. 'I feel something...' she says. 'It's just the other pack arriving. I know you're a little territorial over our grounds...' I reply. 'No, this is different.'

As soon as she says that, the most amazing smell comes to my nose. The scent of the forest after it's just rained... 'Mate!' my wolf screams. My eyes widen. It's been years since I turned 18, the date your wolf can finally recognize its mate. I was almost beginning to think I wouldn't find him. 

I get up and make my way quickly down the stairs, feeling the presence of my mate grow closer and closer. I round the corner into the main hallway and am met with the most gorgeous man I've ever seen. His chocolatey brown hair is perfectly messy and I can see the line of his muscles through his white button down shirt. My eyes widen as his emerald green eyes meet mine... Could he be any more perfect?

"Mine," his voice growls out, as he appears in front of me. 

"Mine," I answer breathlessly, my eyes locked with his. 

"What's your name, beautiful?" he asks, and my stomach does a flip at the sound of his voice. 

"Reagan."

He smiles, and then a look of realization enters his eyes. "Alpha Reagan?" he confirms. 

"Yes. And your name?"

"Alpha Jason of the Blue Moon pack."