F O U R

FOUR

"Naomi! We're here!"

Please no, Naomi. You can't hear Hannah calling your name. You can't...

I immediately walked faster to run away from those kids, pretending I can't hear them.

"Naomi! We're here!"

Don't look back. Keep yourself together and ignored those kids.

They keep on shouting my name that makes everyone stare at me and it made me like a childish snobby to those poor kids well they just don't know that I'm in a big trouble and I couldn't think of straight at all!

"Naomi! Can't you hear us?"

I finally gave up.

Turning around, I flashed my smile at Hannah. Paul was standing on her right side, high-spirited waving at me. He lowered his face mask to smile at me. That innocent smile make me feel guilty.

I walked toward them. "Where's Samuel?"

"You mean, Chaplain Samuel?" Paul said with a giggle.

"Chaplain Samuel?" I chortled. These kids are unbelievable. The little girl, Hannah, told me that Samuel will conduct this wedding-play, and the location are already set so all I need to do is to let them escort me to the chapel. How could these kids set up these kind of things? I glanced on my wristwatch, oh my, it is only ten-twenty in the morning yet they prepared all of those?

Hannah was holding my hand as we reached the door of the chapel, it was widely opened. On the platform, Samuel was there sitting on his wheelchair with a Bible on his hands. He's so cute. And the so-called groom Gideon was standing below the platform gazing intently into my eyes, he seems pretty nervous. I suppressed my laughed.

Suddenly, Hannah poked me in the waist so I look at her. There is a bridal vail on her hands, oh my, where did she get it? Shaking my head with a smile, I kneel down to level her. Hannah carefully placed it on my head.

"Where did you get this?" I asked her as I finally stood up.

"That's not important." She winked at me then reached for Paul's hand and head down the aisle, leaving me alone. The two kids take their seats on either side of the altar. I shut my eyes for a seconds to think what I am supposed to do. And with a deep breathe, I finally move my feet and make my entrance. Everyone was staring at me. I had a mix emotions, and to elaborate, it is simply as awkward.

"Naomi, don't walk too fast!" Hannah shouted at me with her cute little voice. "Walked slowly."

I sighed and walked slowly like what the little girl said until I closed the breadth between the so-called groom and me. Gideon offered his hand, I took it without hesitation. We walked together to face the chaplain—slash—wedding priest Samuel Anderson.

"You looked awful wearing a patient uniform with a vail." He whispered with a chuckles as we faced each other.

I rolled my eyes. "Whoa, how about you?" I scrutinized him from feet to head. "Nice fashion. Patient uniform with a coat and necktie, huh?" I said in sarcasm, with slightly fixing his polka dots necktie to annoy him. His style somewhat resembles to Mr. Bean.

His jaw clenched. "Well, thanks for the compliment."

Tsk.

During the chaplain—slash—wedding priest's speech, the two of us, who happened to be the bride and the groom are just bickering there secretly. Until Samuel asked Gideon about those 'I do' thingy. Gideon coldly said "I do.", not looking into my eyes. And when it's my turn, I answered it in a firm, cold, disgusted, and sarcastic way. After saying 'I do's', Paul stood up to give the ring box to the so-called groom. He smiled at the little kid and patted its head then opened it, there's a two rings, but just a toys. I couldn't hide my smile. It really warms my heart. These kids made so much effort, and I feel guilty.