Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The game started at 4:00pm so I had some time to prep. This was one if the more important games. If my team won, we would go to national championships!

*skip ahead*

We won the game! I shot the winning goal and we won 10-0. My boyfriend Ross was there too. he's also big into hockey and lacrosse. He always comes to my games whenever he can and I do the same for him. When I got out of the locker rooms I saw Ross. He was talking to his friends and god is he cute. He saw me and smiled and waved. Right when I was just about to walk to him and talk my coach called for me.

"Macie." He said

"Coach," I said "what's up?"

"I just wanted to say that you killed it out there. You did a really good job out there on the ice." he said.

I smile came across my face. "Thank you coach. That means a lot."

He smiled and took out an envelope "I thought you might want this." he said.

I took the envelope and opened it. It said:

Dear Macie,

We have been watching your previous games of hockey and lacrosse. We have also been watching your sailing performances. With your exquisite talents in all of these sports, we would be very pleased to have you on the Elite lacrosse team, the Elite hockey team, and also we would also want you to be Captain of our sailing team. We would be happy to hear from you.

Yours sincerely, North Carolina Elite Sports Organization.

"North Carolina?!?" I asked my coach I disbelief. North Carolina has a really good hockey team and a really good lacrosse team. They also have one if the best sailing teams in the country. but to be on team Elite for hockey and lacrosse?! That's insane. People kill for a spot on that team. And captain of the sailing team there?! I can't believe it!

My coach just nods "You earned it Macie." he said while smiling.

"Show your parents this letter and talk to them about it."

I nodded and walked away.

"What?" Ross asked.

"Oh nothing, coach just wanted to tell me that I did I good job out there." I lied. I didn't want to tell Ross. We've been dating for 5 months now. I just didn't want to make him sad. I mean, there is a chance I won't move to NC, but there's a good chance I will. I'm not gonna tell any of my friends cause they would be really sad too and Ross would eventually find out from them.

He just smiled and said "Oh ok, but you did really good out there by the way." and then he kissed my cheek.

I scrunched my nose and laughed.

My dad was waiting for me in the parking lot in his phone.

"Bye bye Ross, love you" I said to Ross

"Yep bye Macie, you did really good today!" He said

"Thanks." I smiled and walked away

"Oh and love you too!" He yelled across the parking lot

I laughed and waved bye.

I got in the car and said "hi dad"

"Hi sweetie! How was the game?" He asked

"Good! We won the game and now were gong to national championships!" I said to him

"That's great! Good job sweetie!" he said

"I also shot the winning goal. We won 10-0 too" I said

"Sweet. That's awesome!" he said

It was quiet the rest of the car ride cause I was really tired.

We got home and I ate dinner like I haven't eaten in years.

When dinner was done I decided to bring the letter from North Carolina up.

"Um mom, dad?" I asked

"What's up honey?" my mom asked

I reached out if my pocket and got the letter out and handed it to my parents.

"I got an offer from North Carolina" I said to my parents unsure of what they were gonna say to it.

My parents read the letter and put it down.

"Were gonna need some time to think about this Macie." my mom said and my dad nodded.

"Ok" I said worried that they were gonna say no. I really wanted to go NC. I have ever since I was a little kid and I started hockey, lacrosse, and especially sailing.

I went upstairs and waited and waited and waited.

"Macie!" by parents yelled from downstairs.

I jumped and ran downstairs

"Soooo?" I said.

Haha a cliff hanger! Near chapter is coming soon! Please also tell people to read my book! That would mean a lot!!

-Rita<3