~Chapter Eighteen~

~Chapter Eighteen~

"Please Miss Karkaroff. You aren't this person. Have mercy." He'd fallen to the floor from the pain I was causing him.

The trees were crashing because of the smoke. The smoke was black as night and I recognised it. Death Eaters were coming to see a show. They were apparating in wearing their masks and cloaks.

Barty Senior went to grab his wand but without using mine I made his wand burn to his touch. If he held it, it would melt his hand like a chemical. Thanks to the words of my best friend and the betrayal that best friend's father represents, I had completely let myself become consumed by darkness.

"Please Miss Karkaroff, you're stronger then all these traitors put together. You have the power to release me from this. Please don't let them kill me." He was begging like the pathetic human he always has been.

I couldn't stop laughing. "They didn't betray their families like you did so aren't you the real traitor here?" the Death Eaters were cheering in agreement.

"But you don't have to worry because they won't lay a finger on you." I smiled sweetly.

He breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm going to kill you."

As the Death Eaters were cheering and chanting my last name, Barty's fear came rushing back. They were words I never thought I would say but came flooding out so easily.

I looked at my best friend and saw pain. Not because I was about to kill his father but because of what Barty put him through. I needed to involve him in this. "Make the branches hold him in place." He was eager to oblige.

My magic was holding him there but it didn't stop him from wriggling and trying to grab anything that may help him. The branches continued getting tighter and tighter. If I wanted to kill him I would have to do it soon because Barty Junior was ready to squeeze the life out of him with the branches.

I was going to take someone's life away from them. I needed a moment so I decided to let the Death Eaters have some fun. "Does anyone want to have a little fun with the blood traitor before I end his life?"

I could feel and hear the excitement from the Death Eaters. I just stood there and watched as they hexed him. If I kill him I'd be one step closer to being branded with the Dark Mark and this is the kind of situations I'll be witnessing all the time. I may even have to torture people myself.

He was withering in pain and I was happy. Not because he was in pain but because I didn't want to watch it anymore. That meant I still had a small bit of my humanity intact.

I configured a knife with my wand. I couldn't kill him using magic because they would test my wand and find out it was me. "Everyone stop." It felt strange when the Death Eaters complied without hesitation.

"Any last words Mr Crouch?" I gave him one last chance to apologise to his son but he didn't take it.

"You will lose and Harry Potter will win." He knew he was going to die. You could hear it in his voice.

I looked at Barty and I expected to see a hint of sadness or remorse but all I saw was anger and hate. I had to do this for my friend. If he did it he would go too far. I had to steady myself by counting because I was starting to get nervous.

1...

I walked up to him and I grabbed the back of his hair tightly in my fist.

2...

As I lifted the knife the Death Eaters started chanting words that I didn't understand.

3...

That's when it happened. As I slit a man's throat I watched the life drain from his eyes.