things we felt; jealousy

Start from the beginning

"I bought her some earrings. They're big red crystal looking things. I figured she would like them." I shrug. "You?"

"I got her a few new CDs. She's been complaining about not having any new music."

"Did you give her any Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros music?"

"Unlike you, Harry. Not all of us find our music in the Forrest of Hipster Dwelling." I roll my eyes. He's such a hypocrite. "I obviously got her 5 Seconds of Summer tracks and a few A Great Big World. She's into those kinds of things."

"Really? I never pegged Rita as an A Great Big World fan."

"I know,right?" He motions to me with his hands. "But a month back I was talking about the music I played on my show, and I mentioned playing Say Something once or twice, and she was psycho. Raving about how she was in love with the band, and how I would like their song Everyone Is Gay because it's hilarious. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I've heard it before, and it wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I think that they took a serious issue and totally made fun of it, but I guess that's what you get for American college students."

"I see."

"You know, if you talked a little more it wouldn't seem like I talked so much." He flicks my shoulder, and I laugh.

"I'm sorry. Hey, are we going to walk home? Because we've just passed your car." I point over my shoulder, and Nick makes a strange noise at his mistake.

"Oops."

We both laugh it off and turn around. People gives us dirty looks for walking against the crowd, but we just ignore them. I think a few recognized us, and there were hushed whispers all around, but thankfully? In London, we don't get swarmed as much. Still, we get swarmed often, and it isn't like going back to our home towns where people generally leave us alone, but it's better than, say, Los Angeles. Thankfully, Nick doesn't take his time to get us to his car, and I'm safe in the passenger seat quickly.

"Look at the paps over there." Nick points to the cafe across from where he parked. "Should we smile for the cameras?"

"No, that's quite all right. Let's just get home."

"Oh, shit. Popstar is taking a man who is not his boyfriend home?" Nick gasps, and I chuckle. "This is headliner news. I'm sure of it."

"Stick with me Grimmy, and you'll be in all the headlines." I joke, taking a sip of my coffee.

We drive in comfortable silence all the way back to my house, listening to BBC Radio 1, because Nick believes in 'supporting his livelihood' or summat. When we reach my place, I don't even need to invite him in, as he escapes his car quicker than I do. He would be in my house before me if it were unlocked, but I locked it this morning. (Something I haven't forgotten to do since Niall breaking in a week ago.)

Nick is mumbling to himself, fiddling around in my kitchen and I head into my living room.

"Shit."

"Hey, Boyfriend." Niall greets me from his place on the couch, and I groan in frustration.

"How the hell do you keep getting in here?" I demand to know. Apparently locking your doors isn't doing the job. Perhaps you need fifty locks and a deadbolt or two to keep this Irish arse out.

"Reese sent me a spare key after he heard about our little run-in." He produces a small key from the pocket of his jeans. His grin is worthy of Richard III, and I really want to walk over to him and smother it off.

Death by pillow. What a way to go.

"Hey, Popstar, have you got- oh! Hello good lookin'." Nick walks up from behind me, smiling wide at Niall who only glares.