Chapter 22 - Wanted! [Part 3.]

Start from the beginning

"I'm at a motel with Jionni." Melissa groaned. "We came here last night."

Melissa heard in the sigh that Louis made that he was pissed. Not that she was snuck away, but who she was with.

"Didn't I tell you that I didn't want you with that boy, Melissa?" Louis said in a serious tone.

"Louis he's not-"

"I don't give a damn, Melissa! I cover for you and all of this other bullshit and you can't even listen to what I have to say?" Louis scowled. "I'm done covering for you, Melissa! I've had enough!"

"Can you PLEASE not tell mom and dad, Louis? Please?" Melissa plead in a scared tone. "I promise I'll be home by tomorrow like I said."

Louis paused, shaking his head.

"Whatever, Melissa."

"Thanks Louis." Melissa plead. "I owe you big time!"

Melissa hung up, taking a deep breath.

"What he say?" Jionni asked.

Melissa took a deep sigh of relief, placing Jionni's phone there.

"Louis said that he's gonna cover for me today." Melissa smiled as she got up. "Don't worry. We're all good."

But Melissa mistook Jionni's words. He said NOTHING like that.

As the day progressed, Melissa and Jionni had plans to go out to eat by using the last bit of money that they had. They even ate a little but of breakfast that they picked up from a local fast food restaurant and ate it there. Unfortunately, Melissa's cramps were starting to get bad. Another bad thing is that she didn't have any pads so she winded up using a little bit of tissue. As the sun started to set, Jionni tried to comfort her as he watched her lie in the corner of the bed with a pillow between her legs and stomach.

"Aye Lissa, you straight?" Jionni asked.

"No...." Melissa whined, panting lowly.

"Is it anythang you need?" Jionni asked. "You know it's a hundred stores 'round the corner."

"Oh Jionni, you don't have to do that..." Melissa groaned.

"Are you sure? Cause I was just go-"

"Good, can you go to CVS and get me some Always Overnight pads, Advil medicine, small heating pads, and a carton of chocolate ice cream?" Melissa plead as she lifted up. "Please?"

"Yeah. You got it, Lissa." Jionni said as he grabbed his keys and headed out. "I'll be back."

On the outside it appeared that Jionni was alright with getting her things. But on the inside...

"Nah Jmo, why the hell she got me out here drivin' to get her some damn pads and ice cream n' shit?" Jionni scowled, driving in the dark area while on the phone and pulling into the local CVS. "I feel like she takin' my man card or sumn!"

"Well you out there goin' to get her shit, right?" Jmo asked.

"Yeah, but das cause-"

"Dat mean you care 'bout her, nigga! You ain't neva went out to go get any a' da otha girls you fucked wit' no ice cream or shit this late!" Jmo laughed. "Why you doin' it nah?"

Jionni shook his head, getting out of the car.

"I'ma call you back, nigga." Jionni groaned. "I gotta look fo' dis shit."

When Jionni walked in the store, he awkwardly looked for the pads first so that he could spare himself the embarrassment. He spent almost 15 minutes looking for the Always pads before he found what Melissa was interested in. It didn't take him long to find the carton of chocolate ice cream, medicine, and heating pads since it wasn't his first time purchasing those items at CVS. When he walked to the counter, he immediately started to explain away to the clerk on why he got the pads.